When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Planet Ocean Question

Marv1n

Has anyone noticed if the crystal in their PO is not flush? I have one of the newest Swiss POs from a trusted dealer, and the crystal is a few MM higher on one side than the other.

I didn't notice it, but a friend who was checking the watch out did.

How hard is it to fix this? Should I trouble the dealer with it, or suck it up?

Has anyone noticed if the crystal in their PO is not flush? I have one of the newest Swiss POs from a trusted dealer, and the crystal is a few MM higher on one side than the other.

I didn't notice it, but a friend who was checking the watch out did.

How hard is it to fix this? Should I trouble the dealer with it, or suck it up?

I'd want to use a press to fix it so it'd seal properly, but if you don't care about it being water tight then you could just press it in with your thumb.

I ended up getting a press from Birdman for those types of things, but you can get a very cheap screw down clamp from any hardware store for about 5 bucks that will also do the job.

Good point... I've just acquired a GMT 2 that had a badly placed crystal.. Got a "C" clamp in the garage and some leather to pad the face and caseback... think I'll try that in the morning.

Good point... I've just acquired a GMT 2 that had a badly placed crystal.. Got a "C" clamp in the garage and some leather to pad the face and caseback... think I'll try that in the morning.

Many thanks for the tips - I'll give this a shot over the weekend and report back.