When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Noob - First Experiences W Repl

bedbug

Man! Been watching repl on the net for a full day. Many of them are amazingly good. However the glass-back case (skeleton??) seems to be quite a blow to the replica market. This is made worse since a railmaster was what I was looking for.

I found two versions of the railmaster (or three, will be returning to that later on). One with a better looking movement but this has "constellation" engraved on the back instead of "seamaster". And this I find rather strange. That you can find theese dead give away mistakes on otherwise really good replicas. Other give-aways are omega logos of the wrong size and even slightly wrong shape. Seems to me that when going through the trouble of manufacturing reps you might at least get things like logos and engravings right. I mean, afterall you just have to look at the pictures of the original.

It reminds me of a fale vintage constellation I spotted in an auction. Somebody had, quite painstakingly i presume, fake a constellation dial. It was quite perfect exept it was fitted on a movement with a small, non center sweep, second hand. Something never found in the constellation line (not pre 1960 in any case). All that work and didn´t check the basics.

The third railaster? Well, what is this? A "frankenwatch"? A railmaster with "seamaster" on the dial. To bo honest I think Omega should manufacture this model. This lacks the glass bottom which I personally don´t like.

Or is this a model I´ve missed? Don´t think so. http://www.watchsilix.com/product.asp?id=787

Once again, great forum.