When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need Help Finding a Watch

dbutlerman

Hey Folks - My brother in law is interested in finding a watch. He is looking for something a Sporty watch in the 42mm size range with Roman Numerals. He likes Breitlings and I looked at the Breitling Onyx Chronograph, but I think it may be too big (~45mm). Anybody out there have any suggestions?

No rep of this one, but it's pretty sweet :D

Breitling Spatiographe

Not Bad...but looking for a rep..well technically, his wife is looking for a rep...he wants a gen!

How about a Roger Dubuis Excalibur or Easy Diver? Cartier was my first thought, but the only Must 21 reps I can find are the $108 economy models ($88 with the special code!).

I'll send him a pic of the Excalibur, might be a little big...what do you mean by Must 21?

I'll send him a pic of the Excalibur, might be a little big...what do you mean by Must 21?

One of these:

i-jMMTPNk-L.jpg

38mm, pricey for a quartz chronograph, but it's a Cartier and it's got big Roman numerals on the bezel. I imagine he wouldn't consider the Roadster a sporty watch.

Made famous by Vic Mackey!

+ 2 for the Breit B01, black dial with roman hour markers, first watch that came to my mind.

42mm case, very sexy sport watch.

This is the one.

+ 2 for the Breit B01, black dial with roman hour markers, first watch that came to my mind.

42mm case, very sexy sport watch.

This is the one.

44.5mm actually. Big but not annoyingly big.

Honestly the best thing to do to find a model you like is to go to an authorized Breitling seller and tell them you are shopping for watches for your birthday and want to give your wife ideas for her to come back and buy. Mine came with me and was a great actress. Don't go in dressing like a clown either. That's what I did and they talked me into a Super Avenger (fits me well). Just make sure you know your models and don't pick something that there's no rep of.

Edited by dustindu4

There are plenty of Patek chronograph reps in the 40-42mm~ range available from our collectors, all of which have roman numerals. I hesitate to even post a picture as there are dozens.