When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1680, 5512, 1665.. Help me!

deja

hi guys,

im about to embark on three separate projects - a red 1680, a 5512 and a great white 1665.

ive searched this forum and still am abit unsure as to what starting point i should go for.

i was planing to get all three watches and send them to PB to mod.

what would the best starting point be? a PT at $198? a cartel one at $118? or a MBW at £245/$388 :o?

i realise it depends on my budget - but if the MBW at $388 is really 3 times as good as the cartel or twice as good as the PT at twice the price then ill have to opt for that.

thanks guys!

start with a PT, if you plan to do NO mods. if you plan on taking it further than wearing it out of the box get the MBK, but be prepared to sink $600 to make it very awesome. dont get the whole MBK watch either youre just wasting $200 extra dollars that could be put towards other parts. really only the MBK case and dials(NOT 5513/12) are worth paying for, dont even get me started on the movements. ive had both a PT watch and an MBK there is an obvious difference in quality of metal used and the finishing, the PT leaves something to be desired, but if youre just opening the box putting it on and going get the PT at $200 and accept the flaws