When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need help with DSN new 009

MADRED7

....hi everyone,

just received the parts from DSN to build a complete PAM009 Pre-A.

Unfortunately the crown and CG won´t fit together....as you can see on the pics, when I screw the CG to the case, I cannot close the lever, so the question is:

- do I need to mod the case and shape the stem-tube down, flush to the case or

- do I need to mod the crown and shape the inner ring of the crown down to sit flush to the case or

- do I need to mod the CG and file down the inner nose of the lever that presses down the crown?

Could need some opinion here....crown is the new, thicker 48th crown whereas the CG is the old-style CG.

Cheers

Theo

post-334-0-00374900-1310650574.jpg

But I thought the crown should also sit flush to the case? Now there is a gap of 2mm to the case.

Theo

On my 040 project I did file down the inner nose slightly and also had to file a little CG "feet" for perfect fitment. I had Sead CG and it did not fit 1:1 also, usually nothing will fit 1:1 perfectly if you are building from parts.

If you like to file down CG feet you need definitely a bench clamp and steady hands or you will spoil your CG.

But I thought the crown should also sit flush to the case? Now there is a gap of 2mm to the case.

Theo

First You cut or file the stem carefully until You have a gap betwen the case and crown You are happy with.

Then You start to file on the lever with a jeweler file and test fit it often until it closes thight on the crown.

You might not need to file the lever after bringing the crown closer to the case.

Good luck! :)

Thx for all the advice guys....yesterday evening I pulled out all my watchmaker tools and started the work:

- shortened the stem a bit

- but also had to file the tube a bit down to get a good fit for the crown to the case

- dremeled the nose of the lever a huge amount down....but I was careful enough to test and dremel, test and dremel, test and dremel....

...now everything fits and I am to 90% happy.

DSN offered to re-send a newr, thicker CG...great service of the guy as allways.

Cheers mates,

Theo