When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

American Pit Bull

Dani

http://www.americanpitbulldvd.com/

Hope this film when it comes out opens the right eyes so we can stop BSL laws.

Its not justified to hurt pitbulls more then they already are going true,by banning and killing them.

Here is the last victim to BSL in Norway :( The dog is a puppy on the photo did nothing wrong then runnig after some kids and one of them falls and breaks a legg,hummmm strange the dog did not kill or bite them when he falled if the dog was so dangerus :g:

134136-18554.png

When i see my own dog and i myself now have good this breeds are against humans i just cant bring myself to undertsand have a breed can be banned based on human actions,if this is a legal cause to ban something then guns,knives,tobacco,alchol all shoud have been banned LONG time ago.

http://www.americanpitbulldvd.com/

Hope this film when it comes out opens the right eyes so we can stop BSL laws.

Its not justified to hurt pitbulls more then they already are going true,by banning and killing them.

Here is the last victim to BSL in Norway :( The dog is a puppy on the photo did nothing wrong then runnig after some kids and one of them falls and breaks a legg,hummmm strange the dog did not kill or bite them when he falled if the dog was so dangerus :g:

134568-18434.png

When i see my own dog and i myself now have good this breeds are against humans i just cant bring myself to undertsand have a breed can be banned based on human actions,if this is a legal cause to ban something then guns,knives,tobacco,alchol all shoud have been banned LONG time ago.

It's not about which dog it is. it's about which kind the owner is.

In my opinon it's insane to make a certain dogbreed illegal. Instead it should be possible to forbid by law some people owning a dog. An example could be if a person uses the dog in dogfights which is rather common here in Denmark amongst certain groups. Then the dog should be confiscated and the person shouldn't be allowed to own a dog ever again.

It's not about which dog it is. it's about which kind the owner is.

In my opinon it's insane to make a certain dogbreed illegal. Instead it should be possible to forbid by law some people owning a dog. An example could be if a person uses the dog in dogfights which is rather common here in Denmark amongst certain groups. Then the dog should be confiscated and the person shouldn't be allowed to own a dog ever again.

This also is what i hope that dogs in general get more regulated so bad owners get more and harder punishment.

This days the only victims even when police find people ho fight or train dogs to be used as wepons are the dogs,sad stuff.

i just cant bring myself to undertsand have a breed can be banned based on human actions

If it's the kind of dog that attracts irresponsible owners, then of course it's going to banned on their actions.

Face it, no-one needs attack dogs as pets. I see them the same as rednecks' over-the-top .50cal rifles.

Dani, I agree with you completely. However society at large will never understand how wonderful these dogs can be as pets without being educated by responsible owners such as yourself and interacting with the dogs themselves. The trouble is that responsible owners don't get the media's attention, only irresponsible owners and catastrophic stories do.

If it's the kind of dog that attracts irresponsible owners, then of course it's going to banned on their actions.

Face it, no-one needs attack dogs as pets. I see them the same as rednecks' over-the-top .50cal rifles.

Pitbulls are family dogs not attack dogs.

I em against all form of getting dogs to be human agressiv if they are not militare or police dogs.

Ban pitbulls why??When the dogs breed for attacking humans are not :g:

First dog in the white house gues what a PITBULL..The list goes on..and on..

Pitbulls are family dogs not attack dogs.

Ri-i-i-ight. Why is the Pitbull the number one choice for illegal dog-fights?

Seriously, I understand BSL is a bit silly, but why do irresponsible owners choose this kind of dog? This is the very crux of the matter and to ignore it shows an unwillingness to debate the real issue.

Oh, an interesting statistic: un-neutered male dogs apparently account for 96% of all fatal dog attacks.

Ri-i-i-ight. Why is the Pitbull the number one choice for illegal dog-fights?

Seriously, I understand BSL is a bit silly, but why do irresponsible owners choose this kind of dog? This is the very crux of the matter and to ignore it shows an unwillingness to debate the real issue.

Oh, an interesting statistic: un-neutered male dogs apparently account for 96% of all fatal dog attacks.

They choice this dogs because of bad media atention and rap artist showing them off.

Why we never see this problem before late 1980's??

German shepards,dobermans,rottweilers have all been blacksheeps of the dog world in the past,latest 20years it has been the pitbull.

Dogs shoud not be banned becasue they are prey for criminals and thugs,banning them will only make the serious owners to harm,the criminals and thugs all dont cear about the law.

Dogs shoud not be banned becasue they are prey for criminals and thugs,banning them will only make the serious owners to harm

Serious owners? You mean the ones that originally bred the American Pitbull as a fighting dog, or the ones that tried to beat/cull the 'attack your owner' gene out of them?

All the stupid owners are doing is returning the breed to its original design. :blink:

Serious owners? You mean the ones that originally bred the American Pitbull as a fighting dog, or the ones that tried to beat/cull the 'attack your owner' gene out of them?

All the stupid owners are doing is returning the breed to its original design. :blink:

As far as I'm aware Pugs... the breed was not originally bred as a fighting dog... it was a working breed. Bull dogs are so called for a reason...they were used in cattle ranching. Pit bulls, like other working breeds, have the instinct to pursue and nip the heels of fleeing cattle, the breed also has the trait of being extremly strong and durable and fearless in dealing with rogue bulls. Yes, a long time ago, dog fighting was an acceptable form of recreation and the breed did excel at it, but that was not the reason this breed exists.

I have a Staffordshire Bull Terrier now... one of the breeds that was used to "create' the American Bull Terrier... She's a damn tank of a dog. She is the sweetest thing in the world but one can literally do pushups on her rump while she stands there looking back at you... I got her when she was a few years old and she hadn't been trained... I found out I could do pushups on her rump when I was trying to teach her "sit". It blows my mind how some people react to my dog... they will literally yell like an 8 year old girl and run away from her when she's on a leash, walking with me and wagging and attempting to lick anyone foolish enough to get their hands near her.

Any dog has the potential to be "agressive" or cause injury to people or other animals, the popular media just loves the Pit Bull of late. Recall the late 70's and early 80's... Dobermans were the bane of society and a danger to all of humanity... now they are pretty much considered a family dog.

Personal opinion: Its not the breed of the dog, its how the dog is raised, socialized and trained.

Oh and I guess I'm a redneck because I own, enjoy and will continue to shoot my .50bmg rifle... I use it for target shooting and high power rifle competitions... Yes the round has potential to cause massive damage, but then again so do BB guns. My rifle has never harmed a person and never will. However I don't wish to change the point of this thread so my 2 cents = leave my firearms alone, they are not the problem, Criminals are the problem.

As far as I'm aware Pugs... the breed was not originally bred as a fighting dog... it was a working breed. Bull dogs are so called for a reason...they were used in cattle ranching. Pit bulls, like other working breeds, have the instinct to pursue and nip the heels of fleeing cattle, the breed also has the trait of being extremly strong and durable and fearless in dealing with rogue bulls. Yes, a long time ago, dog fighting was an acceptable form of recreation and the breed did excel at it, but that was not the reason this breed exists.

I have a Staffordshire Bull Terrier now... one of the breeds that was used to "create' the American Bull Terrier... She's a damn tank of a dog. She is the sweetest thing in the world but one can literally do pushups on her rump while she stands there looking back at you... I got her when she was a few years old and she hadn't been trained... I found out I could do pushups on her rump when I was trying to teach her "sit". It blows my mind how some people react to my dog... they will literally yell like an 8 year old girl and run away from her when she's on a leash, walking with me and wagging and attempting to lick anyone foolish enough to get their hands near her.

Any dog has the potential to be "agressive" or cause injury to people or other animals, the popular media just loves the Pit Bull of late. Recall the late 70's and early 80's... Dobermans were the bane of society and a danger to all of humanity... now they are pretty much considered a family dog.

Personal opinion: Its not the breed of the dog, its how the dog is raised, socialized and trained.

Oh and I guess I'm a redneck because I own, enjoy and will continue to shoot my .50bmg rifle... I use it for target shooting and high power rifle competitions... Yes the round has potential to cause massive damage, but then again so do BB guns. My rifle has never harmed a person and never will. However I don't wish to change the point of this thread so my 2 cents = leave my firearms alone, they are not the problem, Criminals are the problem.

I totally agree with you!!!!

I'm the owner of a HUGE Bullmastiff (150 pounds). Those are also used as fightingdogs and where on a larger scale many years ago. But they weren't bred to be used for that purpose. Actually the breed was made in england many years ago to help trackdown people who were hunting illegal on the noble familys grounds. The reason why the Bullmastiff were so good at this was because of the massive chest. It used it's chest to knock over the hunter which didn't injure him in a bad way. I couldn't think of a better familydog than the Bullmastiff. Kids can litterally run and climb on it. All it does is walk away if it doesn't wan't to play anymore.

My mother in law has this little lapdog (Cain terrier). A dog like this is considered a familydog, but a would never let any child near that dog!!! It's insane and a find it that these small dogs very often are a little insane. And even though the dog is small it could easy harm a child in a very dangerous way.

I totally agree with you!!!!

I'm the owner of a HUGE Bullmastiff (150 pounds). Those are also used as fightingdogs and where on a larger scale many years ago. But they weren't bred to be used for that purpose. Actually the breed was made in england many years ago to help trackdown people who were hunting illegal on the noble familys grounds. The reason why the Bullmastiff were so good at this was because of the massive chest. It used it's chest to knock over the hunter which didn't injure him in a bad way. I couldn't think of a better familydog than the Bullmastiff. Kids can litterally run and climb on it. All it does is walk away if it doesn't wan't to play anymore.

My mother in law has this little lapdog (Cain terrier). A dog like this is considered a familydog, but a would never let any child near that dog!!! It's insane and a find it that these small dogs very often are a little insane. And even though the dog is small it could easy harm a child in a very dangerous way.

Agreed. My 100 pound German Shepherd wouldn't hurt anyone, especially a child, and that's even when they pull his ears and tail, but my parents 10 pound Toy Poodle has snapped at more people than I care to remember. Total psycho dog with a nasty disposition. Of course if a Poodle bites you, obviously it wouldn't be as bad as if a German Shepherd bit you, but so much of that goes back to the owner, and how the dog was raised. If it is genetics, and you have a big dog that is vicious, than euthanizing it might be doing it a favor. THe key to it is finding good genetics with a gentle disposition, look at the parents, especially if the purpose of the dog is a house pet. True, some dogs have been breed to fight for generations, but each dog is uniquely individual.

As far as I'm aware Pugs... the breed was not originally bred as a fighting dog... it was a working breed.

It was originally bred as a fighting dog. The American Pit Bull Terrier was bred from English and Irish Terriers and Bulls. Bulldogs were not only farm dogs but were bred for Bull-Baiting. Pit Bulls were bred for pit-fighting, adding terrier to the bulldog as bulldogs diodn't want to fight each other. The name really does say it all.

Once the US started to expand west, the dogs were then taken to the farms where they had the owner-killing beaten and culled out of them, as is the norm with all breeds.

Now, this very history is what makes the kind of person you don't want owning this kind of dog want to own this kind of dog.

Sure, BSL is stupid, but we put the killer in the breed and have been trying to dial it out and back in and out again for centuries.

It was originally bred as a fighting dog. The American Pit Bull Terrier was bred from English and Irish Terriers and Bulls. Bulldogs were not only farm dogs but were bred for Bull-Baiting. Pit Bulls were bred for pit-fighting, adding terrier to the bulldog as bulldogs diodn't want to fight each other. The name really does say it all.

Once the US started to expand west, the dogs were then taken to the farms where they had the owner-killing beaten and culled out of them, as is the norm with all breeds.

Now, this very history is what makes the kind of person you don't want owning this kind of dog want to own this kind of dog.

Sure, BSL is stupid, but we put the killer in the breed and have been trying to dial it out and back in and out again for centuries.

You can say what you whant about what it was made for becasue you are right Puggy.

Dobermans where breed for scaring the shitt out of people other dog breeds are breed to attack humans,so what its 100 of years ago.

Shall we just ban them all or thake a look on the real problem the person whit the leash?

I em for owners to be 100% responsibel if the dog do harms to others that woud scare of ALOT of bad dog owners..

That law is not hard to set in place either. :)

I em for owners to be 100% responsibel if the dog do harms to others that woud scare of ALOT of bad dog owners..

See? Something we agree on at last. :D

I still don't see the appeal of big guns at home or pet attack dogs, let alone the need, yet I see BSL as stupid as well.

I still don't see the appeal of big guns at home or pet attack dogs, let alone the need, yet I see BSL as stupid as well.

Cant always agree on all but some is better then nothing :D

Cheers,

Dani

Cant always agree on all but some is better then nothing :D

Cheers,

Dani

I see we can agree on something, BSL are dumb.

If I were in charge... the Owner/trainers of viscious dogs would be held responsible for their animals actions.... be it a Yorkie or a American Bull Terrier. Blaming the dog is very short sighted when you have some asshat that raised and trained the dog improperly that will just go and get another dog to raise improperly when the first is taken by the authorities.

You must live in a fantastic place, but where we live, in a land where criminals have so many rights, and the time never meets the crime, then big guns and attack dogs are a must. This is no Fantasy Island. Reality is a sobering experience. I wish you had been here post-Katrina when bands of hodlums were roaming the streets, kicking in doors, and stealing anything they wanted, not food or water to survive mind you, but jewelry, money, art, etc. , and the police were no where to be found. I'd love it if we didn't need these things to protect our homes, but the reality is, we do. :g: