When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Some Expert Advice Needed - does this 69173 look all original

Mapman57

Here we have a ladies DJ model 69173 TT - its an L4xxxxxx series from 1989,

I have not seen this 'rail' dial on this model before - does it all look original?

Bracelet clasp and end links have the correct markings.

All inputs appreciated............its a gift for Mrs Mapman........many thanks,

DSC_02661.jpg

DSC_02681.jpg

DSC_02711.jpg

The bracelet looks a bit suspicious to me since the 455B on the end-links are usually what come on reps. Also, none of my gen cases have any kind of engraving on the case-back, but they are lug-hole cases so maybe this is something new?

It does look nice, though... :good:

I know this dial style was also on the mens models of that time period as I had one.

The band does not look right. Maybe a aftermarket replacement. Also the end links seem to have a higher than usual gap on both sides where it fits up to the case. It looks like the endlinks have the correct 468b on them though. Usually a band of this age would have a fair amount of stretch in it. It might have also had a sapphire conversion crystal added to it.

My wife has a gen 69173 and the case back and drilled lug holes are the same as this one in the pics. My wife scratches here crystal often, so I have been thinking about having the sapphire crystal conversion done on hers.

Ubi, I have two gen cases for plexi crystals with lug-holes and no engraving...

Not all had them... I guess my point was that one shouldn't be surprised to see the caseback engraving on plexi Ladies' Dates and DateJusts; the presence of such should not automatically disqualify it from being authentic...

Ok, I've been looking up the 69173, and it looks to me on every one I've seen, the lume dots actually TOUCH the stick marker. On your dial, it looks like they do not.

First of all thanks to everyone for taking the time to post and share :thumbsupsmileyanim:

The bracelet does have the correct 468B end links and also it is dated 'N' '5' on the inside - not dated it yet? I have seen N date clasps on other L series case sets so that is a good sign.

The dial was my concern. I have never seen a 'rail dial' - the outer minutes ring like a railway track - not sure if that is what you call it????

All of the normal dials do have the lume dots touching the sticks - this does not.

I guess my concerns are like commented above - is the bracelet aftermarket or a hybrid cos it has little wear and stretch the clasp and end links seem gen for sure)? Is the dial aftermarket, or a later service dial?

Thanks again to all