When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Seamaster 300 is finally home

woof*

Funny,

The watchmaker serviced the movement and assembled my watch in two weeks......

It took two and a half months to repair it :(

It would stop every night at 12:12, I'd wake up in the morning and it was dead.

I guess some teeth were chipped on a datewheel gear. I just got it back..so far running like a top.

Really have missed it!

8a7c2194.jpg

I didn't know it had gone in for repair. Glad you have it back. Mine has only left my wrist a couple of times since I got it.

I don't know why but I just saw this.

Yes, my watch has a problem...the date begins to change early..10:30-11:00 pm.. and the watch dies/gets stuck at 12:12am... every 24 hours. It took me a couple days to figure this out when I first got the watch from the watchmaker, and of course a couple days to see it happen since I got it back from repair.

For now, until I find a watchmaker with experience with Omega cal 365..that is rep friendly...in the U.S.....I have just been resetting it or leaving it in the box.

One of those things you know? I have about lost all joy for this watch..when I noticed it was doing the same exact thing as before I sent it back to him..I about threw it across the room. I'm not one of those people that bother the repairman constantly..he had the watch for over 2 months..I did not contact him for at least 3 weeks the first time and then again at about 6 weeks. He made a couple excuses etc..and my last contact with him was on the phone and he sounded irritated and sent the watch back. The strange part is this watchmaker is well known with a great rep in the Omega world..kinda like our Zig. I am not sending it back to him. I added up what I have into it...ugg..and now to have to pay for another service and possible parts! I would never get my money back if I sold it or parted it out. I had been saving for the gen case and was almost there but had to pay a medical bill last month.

Other than the DW hanging...it keeps perfect time with a huge power reserve..I happened to be awake a few nights as it got stuck and set it forward..watch ran around 4 days without being wound.

I have no idea how I will proceed with this now.

I hope someone here can chime in and suggest a good watchsmith in your part of Texas. After everything you've poured into it, it's a shame to let a bit of friction suck all the enjoyment out of an otherwise terrific watch. I'm currently having a similar problem with my franken Datejust. It doesn't seize up at midnight, but the date change is rough. The numbers come up misaligned, and I end up having to adjust it manually. It feels like I'm twisting the V-HOLD nobb* on an old TV set!

Anyhow, I'm still working out how to fix it, but that doesn't stop me from wearing it during the day. Don't give up! :v:

*intentionally misspelled, because the "k-word" is censored here!

Thanks for the kind words M. You know more about this whole story than anyone and I sure appreciate your help and lettin me bend your ear!

Sorry for your woes too, I'm sure you will get that one fixed soon.

I wore the 300 today..I set it so the date changes at noon instead of midnite..lol so I can roll it forward a few minutes as it happens in real time :)

this way...it doesn't sting so much and the pain is over quicker...lol