When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Speedmaster QC Question

Tomsk

Hopefully this isn't too much of a noob question (especially as this isn't an expensive purchase), I've noticed quite a few other QC pictures posted recently, and I'd like your opinion on something.

Firstly, I'll freely admit that I've still a lot to learn and this could be a really inaccurate replica, or even a fantasy watch from other likenesses I've found so far - but that's not really my point, I like how it looks. I'm dipping my toe in the water with this purchase more for grading the experience and dealer than the actual watch, before venturing into something more serious further up the chain.

My question is: there's an oddity in this picture right at edge of the bezel just past the 1 o'clock point, above the 500 mark on the golden edge. Could this be a reflection, or glue or some other sort of defect or image artefact?

I welcome your thoughts, but please do note that this is an absolute bargain purchase... To be honest I'm very happy I've even been given QC on this.

post-37751-0-25871900-1311278044.jpg

85 people looked, and no-one wants to give an opinion..?! ;)

I went for it anyway - as I say it's a total bargain - but I'd still be interested in the more experienced member's thoughts on this (even if not positive). I am trying to learn after all...

I'll post pictures and more about my experience in the relevant sections when it arrives.

Edited by Tomsk

Just looks like some sort of crud in the bezel. I am sure it will come right off. Worst case some elbow grease may be required to buff it up. If you like it I wouldn't let that stop you. Of course you could always ask the seller to confirm what it is to see if it can be corrected before shipping. As the buyer you have the rights to ask questions.

Thanks for the thoughts on this guys. I do like the look of it, even though it's a bit of a fantasy watch and also turned out to be a quartz during QC (is anyone laughing yet?)... Didn't like the offered automatic alternative (it was considerably different - not Broad-Arrow like at all, but probably a better standard Speedmaster likeness even with the colouring :whistling: ). The first example Stormtrooper posted above is a real looker.

Still waiting for an outcome at the moment. Am beginning to understand that patience is a big part of this new hobby! :g: A dealer review in the relevant trusted dealers section and wristie pics promised when everything's sorted.

Might go get a UPO 42mm from Joshua to tide me over while I wait ;)

Edited by Tomsk