When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

U-Boat Project

donerix

Inspired by recent works from Daevildog and pbdad I had an idea for a U-Boat project.

I found a RG member that sold me his U-42:

UBX-00-2.jpg

It arrived yesterday and today I had some time (after several trip to the post office...)

to start playing around with it.

For now I just did the small stuff: new dial, age the hands and exchange the mineral crytsal for a solid 6mm version.

The hard part, the case work I will do next week when taking breaks from sipping rose wine and eating cheese and pate at my mom's place in the South of France :)

Here is what it looks like for now - I like it a lot better already:

UBX-1-2.jpg

UBX-2-2.jpg

UBX-6-2.jpg

UBX-4-2.jpg

UBX-3-2.jpg

UBX-5-2.jpg

OH

My

God

:shock: :shock:

What a hypocritical, self-obsessed moron!

He won't wear a U-Boat because it makes him think of the war, but admits to having owned VWs in the past?? And as for buying a KKK robe WTF?!?! I wouldn't buy one of those even if I needed it for toilet paper! I think this guy needs his moral compass re-aligning... :thumbdown:

For the record, I knew u-boat is the German word for submarine, yet seeing the brand name never once made me think of Nazism or Auschwitz... :pardon:

Ugh. I object to the U-boat back story, but not on those grounds. Cohen can be a real hack sometimes.

E: Are you on the Cote d'Azur yet? Wish I were there!

I know what you mean, the whole story with original drawings hidden in the basement sound too made up.

Yes, landed in Nice yesterday and must have already consumed my first gallon of rose :)

It's my mom's b-day on Thursday and I think I will take her to St.Tropez to some fancy place.

Doing some work around the house and still hadn't had a chance for a on location wrist shot.