When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My New PAM Sterile is Running fast

JimmyGee

My brand new PAM Style Marina Militare is running faster than a Ferrari at Silverstone. Can even I (an idiot) slow it down? To slow it down, do I attempt to move the "indicator" towards the + or the - ? Please. No use complaining or sending it to a repairer as it cost about $70 from a Trusted Dealer. I am sure starting to collect a heap of rubbish. Must revert back to the: Davidsen, BKs and DW (and some others, so you don't feel left out) of this World! At least I will have someone who will listen and will service their watch for me at a reasonable price.

I'm going to start a Fire Sale of All My Cheap Watches soon. That is once I learn how to take a decent photo and have read all the littérateur required to make sure I don't by accident, stuff the post up, and get in trouble.

Hi Jkay,

Every time I look at it, I have to slow it down. Am I stupid or do these watches need some running in time, before they settle down and keep good time? I'm sure it has happened to me in the past?

Cheers,

Jim

While it is true that a new watch will settle in, and then be more stable, if it is running VERY fast .. like 10 minutes a day .. then yeah, you will need to regulate it. It's not going to "settle in" if it's minutes fast per day ...

(i'm sorry for my bad english... :bangin: )

it could be the hairspring "crossed": if it is, the hairspring became shorter and the movement runs much faster.

you should see it looking the hairspring when is stopped.

This issue is often caused by the accidental shocks.

if you're lucky you can easy solve the problem beating two or three times the watch (when it's running) on your hand palm...

i hope this is your issue...

Ditto above, if it is running that fast then simple regulation will not help, you have a coil in the balance touching another one, there are a number of posts about this if you search you will find them. and some simple if not brutal soulitions

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you all very much. I will do some reading on the subject. You guys are great. You teach me to help my self and that's the best way to learn. :thumbsupsmileyanim: