When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Calibre 1 crown not flush with the case?

bolido2000

I just got a Calibre 1 V2 from Mary. The watch looks good, but the crown is crooked. You can see from the pic that the crown is flush with case at the bottom, but there is a gap at the top. Anything I can about it? I'm worried that water can easily get in when I wash my hands... <_<

mid.JPG

I just got a Calibre 1 V2 from Mary. The watch looks good, but the crown is crooked. You can see from the pic that the crown is flush with case at the bottom, but there is a gap at the top. Anything I can about it? I'm worried that water can easily get in when I wash my hands... <_<

mid.JPG

That looks more to do with the shape of the case than the crown has any one had their one WRtested?

That looks more to do with the shape of the case than the crown has any one had their one WRtested?

I was thinking this exact same thing ... the case looks angled .. but I wonder why the tube is not shaped to compensate for this

The case is angled. The point is: the gap seems to be too wide in the OP's crown, as if the tube was longer than it should. However, as the bottom part of the crown is flush with the case, the tube length seems to be correct .

And I don't see how the tube could be shaped to compensate for the angled case. The tube could only be placed at an angle, but then the movement would also need to be angled inside the case.

And I don't see how the tube could be shaped to compensate for the angled case. The tube could only be placed at an angle, but then the movement would also need to be angled inside the case.

A press-fit tube could have an angled flange at the top, to interface with the watch case correctly. That was my line of thought.

Look at case wall shape and angle. Not possible to have crown without cap.

It is not flaw, it is just like that done. B)

No idea how looks crown on gen.

BTW Logo on crown in usually not perfectly in center, that is a flaw, small one but still flaw.

Edited by sul