When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Beside a MBW who sells the best 5512/13.....?

dutchguy2

Should be suitable for modding though. So the rehaut opening should not be to big, a gen or gen like dials need to fit. It will need to have gen like bezel and retaining ring so a gen crystal will fit.

I've been looking around but I'm not sure what to get.

Thanks in advance for any input.

once you discount mbk, you really only go up in price... yuki, phong? really the rest leave a lot to be desired. if youre gonna be modding it to some sort of show piece why not do it right from the beginning

Your right and I have a MBW on order with Reg :whistling: . It is just that while waiting for the MBW I wanted to start modding a less expensive example to practice on. I think I will go for a "best version 5513" from Joshua.

Anyone has experience on this one?

if its the current josh cartel version then the CGs wont give you much practice for modding since theyre too stumpy to be of any useful experience. i have modded several MBKs given my constant access to that place and you have to mod the outside as part of the CG as well.

example:

this is the style i was going for

5959218918_f0f7c6e076_z.jpg

5958660569_947ef6811c_z.jpg

5958661663_9c1e579eb2_z.jpg

5958660805_9b98f5ba70_z.jpg

also see that empty ring on the top part of the case, make sure you buy the correct gasket and fit it in there before you take your new mbk swimming, the factory neglects to add this ring since its a different size than caseback gasket. i add this on all my watches. this reservoir will fill with and trap water

JOSH / ANDREW 5513 cgs

8884ce92838a5c63a1e81b11d8805b84.image.800x532.jpg

Yeah, I know about the gasket, it wasn't there on my 1680 either. I'm not sure if I will do the case work on the MBW 5513 myself or ask Andy to do so. He did a very good job on my 1680.

Just looking for a cheap watch to mess around with.

Thanks for your comment and great work you did on the CG.