When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Genuine Speedmaster Date (not Professional. Not Reduced)

seraphe

Thought I'd share a few shots of my favorite of all time, despite my passion for reps.

This is my true cherry...

I was just embarking into the first year of my first job when I stubbled into this beauty at a AD window display. I didn't know much about the Speedmaster Professional then, but I knew I was captivated by the sheer beauty of the design. I didn't think it was branded, nor did I expect it to turn heads, but I knew I'd enjoy checking time often if I had this on my wrist. So what did I do? I walked away. An hour later, I returned and bought it. Signed for installment payment with my credit card...

That was 10 years ago. Today, I have 2 other gen watches... a Baume et Mercier Capland Chrono and a blue-dial Air King. Despite the more expensive branded additions to the collection, together with a new rep sub (which is now my daily), this blue-dial speedy is still my favorite. Being the oldest, there were fond sentimental attachement so much so that I even turned down offers for it at twice of what I paid.

I'd keep it for my next generation.

134966-18365.jpg

134966-18366.jpg

134966-18367.jpg

134966-18368.jpg

134966-18369.jpg