When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Relume UPO dial/hans?

Navik

Hi guys,

I have a UPO 45.5mm and I am very pleased with it. However, what bugs me a bit is its very poor lume. What's the procedure if I would like a bright lume on it, do I have to buy gen dial/hands or is there someone anybody can recommend that can relume the hands and dials that already are on the watch? (EU preferred!)

Do you maybe know also how much it would set me back? :)

Thanks for your help!

Edited by Kontic88

Hey. PUG's back!!!

For EU you can also try Hijack. He's in Spain, very good and well priced. Can do the pearl also.

Gen dial and hands will set you back like $250 + all shipping and fitting.

It IS the best route, but the rep set re-lume is good 'cheaper' option.

You can find Hijack here (sometimes) or more often on RepGeek...

• 2 weeks later...

isn't it odd......That my definitely NOT "U" Po from @ 5 years ago, for under $100., has some of the brightest long lasting lume of all my many reps..?? (Second only to my V 1.5 Ploprof)

IMG_5588.jpg

And now after literally DOZENS of version modifications, from all over the galaxy, the new ones come with wimpy lume!!...(But NO happy feet!!)I have been following, with great amusement, the "UPO Follies" for over 5 years now, watching folks spend up to 4 figures and sometimes even MORE, just to end up with a SLIGHTLY "better" fake watch than the next guy.

To add even ANOTHER oddity to the mix, my "ECPO"(el cheapo planet ocean)STILL HAS THE ORIGINAL rep crown and tube, and it still screws down tightly!!

WTF China!!...Can't you effin' guys even remember back when you could make them RIGHT...???

I'm beginning to suspect that Omega itself is behind this fiasco, secretly pushing out worser and worser Chinese versions, simply to sell thousands of their overpriced "original dials, hands, crystals, bracelets, clasps, and crowns and tubes to us "frankenfools"...!!

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that they make more money selling parts to us than they do selling complete watches to the rest of the world!! :bangin: :bangin: :bangin: