When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Senna: Movie Documentary - Ayrton Senna

redwatch

Currently only showing in one theater in Los Angeles, and another in New York, the documentary Senna is a smash hit. Using footage from throughout his driving career as well as personal moments from family and friend personal video collections, the movie tells an inspirational & heart stopping story of the great mans short life.

I would highly recommend that if you have an opportunity, you must see this movie!

Had the distinct pleasure to meet the director, Asif Kapadia this evening as he made a special appearance to discuss the film. Very gracious with his time and he was wearing a beautiful IWC Spitfire on brown croc leather :thumbsupsmileyanim:

290121_2090499979815_1164710725_32093914_7983955_o.jpg

Go see this film!!!

It is an amazing film with the most genious cardriving to date and a testament to a great man. I honestly dont know what else to say about Mr. Senna, words simply do not suffice when it comes to describing him.

According to the director, the DVD will be released in North America sometime in October or November this year in case you can't get to a theater to see it.

He truly was a gifted driver in the rain. No one could drive like him then, or I'd say even now and have as many wins he did in the rain.

No one could drive like him then, or I'd say even now and have as many wins he did in the rain.

Well... Schumacher in his prime was a master on the wets. See: Spa & Nurburgring '95, Barcelona '96, Monaco '97, &c. &c.

That said, Senna's first lap of Donington in '93 is hard to top.

not to take anything from Schumi but he was driving a car that was fighting (and in 95 won) the championship. Senna in 85 driving that POS Lotus-Renault in his second year in F1 put more than 1 minute over Alboreto's Ferrari (almost lapping the entire field) to get his first victory. Donington 93 was cool and all but Estoril 85 as a sight to see.

Well... Schumacher in his prime was a master on the wets. See: Spa & Nurburgring '95, Barcelona '96, Monaco '97, &c. &c.

That said, Senna's first lap of Donington in '93 is hard to top.

True enough, although there was quite a bit of controversy over Schumacher's Benneton car in the '94 year as to whether or not he still had computer aided traction control or launch control. The director of the movie discussed that topic quite a bit afterwards and he said they eventually admitted that they had one computer system left in the car (even though all computer aid was to be removed from all cars).

The one thing that always blows my mind about Senna is the fact that he was able to drive like that in a car completely un-aided by computer systems controlling the traction control, brakes & suspension. Truly mind blowing when you think about it!

not to take anything from Schumi but he was driving a car that was fighting (and in 95 won) the championship. Senna in 85 driving that POS Lotus-Renault in his second year in F1 put more than 1 minute over Alboreto's Ferrari (almost lapping the entire field) to get his first victory. Donington 93 was cool and all but Estoril 85 as a sight to see.

Unfortunately, I only started watching F1 regularly in '91, and I never did get the '85 season review from Duke Video! I'd better start searching, since I'm missing out on many great races.

red: The B194 was funny, in that you had to enter a secret code (via the pedals and paddles, I think) to access the 'dormant' traction control. Just like Contra on the Nintendo! Schumacher's car control was (past tense--sigh) top-notch, but the stench of cheating and poor sportsmanship followed his entire career. Likewise, Ayrton was no saint, despite how he was often portrayed after death. I'm really interested to see how the documentary handles this. I'd heard that Prost comes off badly in the narrative.

True enough, although there was quite a bit of controversy over Schumacher's Benneton car in the '94 year as to whether or not he still had computer aided traction control or launch control. The director of the movie discussed that topic quite a bit afterwards and he said they eventually admitted that they had one computer system left in the car (even though all computer aid was to be removed from all cars).

I have always wondered if that factor contributed to Senna's death. If Benetton had played fair Senna could have won Brazil, so he would go to Imola is a much better position in the championship. That alone could have made him skip the race after Ratzenberger died.