When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My BK WM9 Yachtmaster

Speedman

Bought a BK Wm9 YM with gen crown the other day. Got to see whats all the fuss is about :D And I needed a Rolex to use while waiting for my BK Wm9/TW Sub LV with gen xtal/insert/crown to be finished :) The bracelet got some scratches specially on the polished part. Any tips for a noob polisher?? :D Havent got it yet, but it will be here in a couple of days. Here are some pics from the seller, which by the way have been very very professional about the transaction, one of the best :)

9b8cd769.jpg

2394f615.jpg

494e8357.jpg

For the polished areas, use Cape Cod cloth .. do not use it on the brushed areas or you will polish them and ruin the finish.

3M scotch-brite re-finishing pads for the brushed surfaces.

If you want to go nuts on this, buy a Dremel tool, jewelers rouge, appropriate dremel tips/wheels and go crazy.

There are at least three excellent tutorials on watch finish care here on the forum that I can think of. Search it. Some members even have them linked in their forum signatures.

Personally I've always felt that the YM would look better with a brushed bracelet.

To remove scratches from the polished mid-links,

-first remove the bracelet from the watch

-then carefully tape off the brushed segments (I prefer the blue painter's tape by 3M, it comes off clean)

-go over the polished mids with a Cape Cod polishing cloth until the desired finish is attained.

That is the quick and easy way, for deep scratches you may need to use some jeweler's rouge (I like the red bar from Ofrei) and a polishing wheel.

This will yield a superior polish, but more effort and equipment is obviously required.

Edited by japanic