When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ROO Pushers not round enough

One thing that I think really gives away AP ROOs is the rubber pushers are way too square at the end. I've searched and found a few people briefly mention it but no one has really grabbed hold of it and nailed it so I thought I would start a topic to try and brain storm ideas.

I was thinking about maybe putting them in a lathe or drill press and gently sanding a bigger radius on them with a fine (600 ish) wet and dry??

Anyone tried that? Or maybe just changing them for real ones? As I think they are just rubber covers that stick on the actual metal pusher underneath.

I have attached someone else’s picture in this topic, hope that’s ok to do! Its just to show how the pushers seem to attach.

Cheers chaps.

ps ignore the red arrow, just look at the blue circle.

post-38939-0-54294000-1314090248.jpgpost-38939-0-31713100-1314090426.jpg

Some more examples, again not sure if you can just 'borrow' other posts pictures. If not, apologies. :whistling:

I personally think this is the biggest give away that it’s a Rep. so easy to spot from a distance.

The gen is like a soft ergonomic pillow of rubber, inviting and enticing you into feeling its tactile surface. 8)

The rep is like a harsh off-cut of hard plastic waiting to shank anyone who try’s to start the stopwatch! :angry:

post-38939-0-75559900-1314091612.jpgpost-38939-0-54090400-1314092082.jpg

I think is going to be difficult. In the big scheme of flaws it is one of the lesser ones. It will be difficult to rectify because even if you reshape the underlying metal shape you still have to get the rubber to wrap tight to show the different shape.Here are a pair of Ap's - one with gen and the other with rep pushers.

DSCN1829.jpg

DSCN1840.jpg

And here are the pushers (gen):

Warrenpushers.jpg

I think is going to be difficult. In the big scheme of flaws it is one of the lesser ones. It will be difficult to rectify because even if you reshape the underlying metal shape you still have to get the rubber to wrap tight to show the different shape.Here are a pair of Ap's - one with gen and the other with rep pushers.

And here are the pushers (gen):

Great shots. Wow, I had no idea there was this difference.

But then again, in the grand scheme of things, I think this rep has really come a long way if this is one of the few (small) flaws.

I don’t understand!!! Some of the effort you guys go to with your Franken AP's, machining the hell out of them to make them a couple of mm thinner. And no one seems to care about this???

It’s not about how good they are, or how good they used to be.... it’s about attention to detail.

Making a Franken is out of my skill, league and budget. I just thought this may be something relatively easy to accomplish.