When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Question About Shipping From Australia To Us

tbone

Hello all. I had a question I was hoping you could help me answer. I had a package (watch movt) shipped to me from Australia exact 3-weeks ago today via regular airmail. The seller tells me it normally can take 2-4 weeks for delivery via airmail, which confuses the hell out of me b/c it typically only take about 5-7 days for airmail to reach me from any other part of the world (HK, UK, etc.). I've never had anything held by customs before so I'm not even sure how I would get notified by them that they're holding my package. Anyone else see this type of long delivery time w/ packages from Australia? Also, to my US friends, how does the USPS usually contact you if they are holding your package in customs? Thanks!

Ok first up if customs have your package you will know, the fact that you haven't heard anything means that they don't.

Shipping between Australia and the US can be slow (I have no explanation for this) as I have noticed items that I have posted that a couple of weeks or more, but then again I have had packages reach the States within a week too so there really is no rhyme or reason to how the travel.

Ken