When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

This is my (noob) statement...

Bernie_Rain

Hi,

in the Omega forum you can see my post where I show some pics of a really beautiful (5th Gen? - no happy feet) Planet Ocean Replica. I really like this watch, but I knew trouble had to come...

It was only after I bought the watch, that I read here about the problems members had with this watches' threads. I cannot comprehend why the chinese which often do some really good work for the money are not "able" to use some better metal for the fu..ing threads! I only unscrewed the crown 3 times and it just happend - can't be screwed on again!

Now I know of so called Franken watches and workarounds and I hope there is some cheap one, but I cannot recommend this watch to any noob, because of this frustration. I have a Panerai replica which is flawless and must emphasize that it is possible to build decent threads for a reasonable price. My Orient 5 Deep is flawless, as is my Invicta 8926C (I know...this is the Rep world and we all have to lower our expectations...)

By the way, is this a typical "Planet Ocean problem" or are the threads of Sea Dwellers and Submariners also this crappy?

I am really annoyed by this thread thing and my next Reps are all PAMs - (so sad cause I was longing for a Superocean Heritage, but here also THREADS :g: )

Regards (from a sad :( )

Bernie

You have cross-threaded the crown. The safest way to not do this is to turn the crown in reverse while applying pressure until you feel the matching threads click. Then you can turn it normally and tighten your crown.

As for your problem, the crown and tube are very cheap and not a big issue to replace.

As for your problem, the crown and tube are very cheap and not a big issue to replace.

Sorry I have to disagree they are a royal pain in the butt to replace , and I wouldn't recommend a PO to anyone because of this . At least with and IWC BP you can squeeze the tube to help it a bit but with PO you have to buy a new tube and I had to get a Gen Crown and Tube and these don't fit the rep and it was a very long and expensive journey to get fixed . Though I am sure there are many happy PO wearer's out there , there are many like the OP and Myself who had issues after just a few days of ownership and think the UPO tubes are a POS

• 4 weeks later...