When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help With New Po Please

watchman12345

Just got my new orange PO from Andrew. Quite happy really except for the pearl. It looks like some of the material used to fill it up spilled out and comes out over the silver surrounds of the right hand side of the pearl. It doesnt look like the whole pearl is surrounded by a silver ring at all. Anything i can do?

Also, is it possible to resize the bracelet myself?

Thanks for all the help.

Maybe you can scrap it off with something like hotel room key, you know, the credit card type.

I thought about trying to resize it myself. After I watched how hard it was for the jeweler to get the pins out I was very happy I spent the $10 bucks to get it done. When in doubt leave it to a professionals.

The one bonus for having them do it is that you have a story about how you went to the jeweler and they thought it was a gen.

I've got the same watch and LOVE IT. Enjoy.

Maybe you can scrap it off with something like hotel room key, you know, the credit card type.

I thought about trying to resize it myself. After I watched how hard it was for the jeweler to get the pins out I was very happy I spent the $10 bucks to get it done. When in doubt leave it to a professionals.

The one bonus for having them do it is that you have a story about how you went to the jeweler and they thought it was a gen.

I've got the same watch and LOVE IT. Enjoy.

You need the resizing tool sold by Narika, Birdman and others I'm sure. It's not the easiest bracelet in the world to resize - in fact it's a bit of a [censored], but if I can do it, anyone can!!!

Ya ill just bring it into jeweler tomorrow morning! Pearl is anoying me tho...oh well a rep is a rep! thanks

It's actually quite easy to resize by just using items laying around your home. I use a push pin and a small pair of pliers. Press out the pin inside the link toward the crown. Then, when the pin sticks out a few mm, just pull it out with the pliers. Remove the links you don't need, and then gently, tap the pin back in with a hammer the same direction you pulled it out. Do not push it back in with the pliers as the pin will break. Learned the hard way!

Good luck!

Enclosing tool Pics:

post-951-1161379828_thumb.jpg

post-951-1161379878_thumb.jpg

It's actually quite easy to resize by just using items laying around your home. I use a push pin a small pair of pliers. Press out the pin inside the link toward the crown. Then, when the pin sticks out a few mm, just pull it out with the pliers. Remove the links you don't need, and then gently, tap the pin back in with a hammer the same direction you pulled it out. Do not push it back in with the pliers as the pin will break. Learned the hard way!

Good luck!

Enclosing tool Pics:

post-951-1161379828_thumb.jpg

post-951-1161379878_thumb.jpg

Wow... I thought I was the only one who did this. I also resized my PO using household items... Hammer, Straight Pin, Straightened Paperclip, Needle-Nose Pliers (protected with tape).

I have ordered the correct tool from birdman but I couldn't bear to wait the 3 or 4 days it would take for it to arrive. Now I just need to order a few more watches using such pin type braclets so I can actually use the tool instead of "nanuqing" it.