When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Snowflake Decal Project is Almost There!

jmb

I have procured some special decal paper that is made just for my brand of printer. Initial prints have resulted in excellent crispness but due to the extremely thin film it's somewhat fragile to apply. I made up a dial today after spraying Krylon Crystal Clear Satin over the decals first and that has provided some additional strength. I probably started handling this "prototype" a little to quickly and the edges are a bit messed up but that will be covered by the rehaut.

This example is 29mm and was applied to a "recycled" raffles time dial.

post-24124-0-38265000-1314813583.jpg

Today I made an experiment, that woof dubbed the "Liberace Dial", to see just how wild things could go... Other than the questionable background I think this decal is ready! I will start a new post with a completed lumed FLAT BLACK dial and ask for input before I freeze the design and layout.

post-24124-0-57757600-1314908756.jpg

T, you want me to stick it in the mail to ya?

Had you said the same about the Rose dial, I'd've definitely said yes, but from when I had an Electric Blue Seamaster, I know I wouldn't be able to give it the wrist time it deserves :lol: I do love it, but I know I'm not the rightful owner :good::drinks:

It's probably destined for the thinner vat. The can of blue paint I bought today did not indicate it was 'flake and I was wanting to do just a nice blue Snowflake. I'll get some more next week and play around some more...

It's probably destined for the thinner vat. The can of blue paint I bought today did not indicate it was 'flake and I was wanting to do just a nice blue Snowflake. I'll get some more next week and play around some more...

Don't give up on it just yet, I think it would look good in something like a Yachtmaster case :)