When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Order stuck in customs - missing invoice

josjevee

My order got stock at customs-department of the postal service.

T&T latest entry reads 'withheld due to missing invoice'.

TD tells me this is a very unusual situation and sent me an invoice, advicing me to hand it over to customs, to get package released.

Didn't expect this action/advice from TD (had expected confirmation of new shipment instead), because in my mind:

showing up at customs in person + an invoice for a withheld package from China + obviously a rep in the package = trouble...

Am ready to tell TD this is not going to work? Right?

I'm foreseeing a slow back&forth discussion on refund/supplying different watch/endless saga, as I'm expecting TD to reply "well, you didn't follow our advice to go to customs, so you're not getting a refund".

Am totally ready to treat this as 'name of the game' (it's just a $98 specimen :)), but was just interested in getting some thoughts from others.

Cheers,

Jos

I think I can answer that.

There is a new regulation inforce from 12th sept 2011 for most countries (European, US and others). All items shipped must have an invoice. I ship quite a bit from the US to UK, my courier company I use told me. Its to clamp down on VAT and Duty dodgers (like we'd do that, lol)

If there is no invoice to validate value of item, then customs have the right to hold or impound the item.

Probably only if you can prove it is a gift or person to person posting you might have a chance of not being held up.

Just our system screwing us again....

My order got stock at customs-department of the postal service.

T&T latest entry reads 'withheld due to missing invoice'.

TD tells me this is a very unusual situation and sent me an invoice, advicing me to hand it over to customs, to get package released.

Didn't expect this action/advice from TD (had expected confirmation of new shipment instead), because in my mind:

showing up at customs in person + an invoice for a withheld package from China + obviously a rep in the package = trouble...

Am ready to tell TD this is not going to work? Right?

I'm foreseeing a slow back&forth discussion on refund/supplying different watch/endless saga, as I'm expecting TD to reply "well, you didn't follow our advice to go to customs, so you're not getting a refund".

Am totally ready to treat this as 'name of the game' (it's just a $98 specimen :)), but was just interested in getting some thoughts from others.

Cheers,

Jos

Edited by dax

Just our system screwing us again....

No, it's our system functioning perfectly. Remember, we're the criminals here; we're evading tax and duty and we're importing counterfeit goods.

The first step is to admit what we're doing is not legal and above board. This helps us deal with the logistics of the hobby so much better.