When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which movement(s) are appropriate for a gen Tudor (3) Chrono Prince Date dial and gen hands?

JEKS

Most excellent, thank you gplracer.

As for the 7750, I am curious if I need the 'native' config, or something special. This dial has the date indicator, but not the day indicator. So, is that a 7750 or some variant like a non-native 7750, a 7753, etc?... I know the experts here will know.

thanks - J

PS Does the gpl in your username refer to the 'Gnu Public License' or something else?

PSS This forum nrings me back to my BBS/Archie/Relay/Newsgroup days. (Yes, I'm old. I got 'lucky' via NYU relay chat on the VAX chat at my university. Older geeks here may relate to this)

PSSS Installing Linux does not make you a geek!

Thanks much Drury! My hunt for a Swiss 7750 begins. Though, from what I've read, the quality of the current A7750s is very high as well. Copy something long enough and you can be as good, maybe better if your volume is higher than then lower volume gen. At least, it is possible. *ducking for cover now* Thanks again, J

OK, now that the 7750 (or 7734) have been identified as the movements which I should pursue, I need some advice on which is the more proper of the available rep cases, the 7031 or the 9420. I am ruling out the Daytona 6263/6265 from DW as they are V72 based, and this movement is an expensive proposition. The 7031 seems to have more squared CGs while the 9420 has more angular guards. I think this moves me into the 9420 only, but I am open to advice on the topic?

Thanks,

J