When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pvd Help, Please!

panermaniac

Hi, I've tried searching for answers but I can't find them... can you help?

I'm thinking of purchasing a Pannie and getting it PVD'd... who would be able to do it?

Can you PVD titanium? like a 177H?

I always thought I would only want nice shiny watches but now I'm drawn to matte finished PVDs with big thick brown leather straps..

I've tried to find a PVD model that I love but haven't been able to find one.

I'm leaning toward a PAM359M V2.. I know it's not traditional to PVD such a model but the heart wants what the heart wants..

something like this:

post-31874-0-62209800-1316098294.jpg

Ya thanks, Rolli was nice enough to send me his info... he does fantastic work but the process is quite costly for only one case.. (no reflection on him)

I think I'll try to find another couple of members who need his services as well so we can go in together.

I haven't talked to Avitt.. is he easy to find?

Thanks again

Edited by panermaniac

+1 on Zig :)

If its a Luminor case you decide on then cheapest option is to order one done already from DSNs latest models and swap the case you have and sell it on...

Or wait for one in sales section... they always come along :)

• 3 weeks later...

In which case why dont you just buy off the shelf mate....

You have a good few to choose from the 26K, the glut of 360s or one of DSNs PreAs, PreVs or later.. plus Rad 292 if that might interest you

OK none are PVD but you liked Avitts DLC so I dont think you would notice plus it wears better..

Or just be patient and save up and contact Rolli or Avitt :) for either coating service though I think Rolli does both now..?

In which case why dont you just buy off the shelf mate....

You have a good few to choose from the 26K, the glut of 360s or one of DSNs PreAs, PreVs or later.. plus Rad 292 if that might interest you

OK none are PVD but you liked Avitts DLC so I dont think you would notice plus it wears better..

Or just be patient and save up and contact Rolli or Avitt :) for either coating service though I think Rolli does both now..?

+1

@ Pete.. thanks for the advice.. always appreciated.

You are right, I wouldn't mind a DLC but don't want a lefty (26K) and don't want a Rad (I'm keen on a big manly CG) and I'm not as keen on the sausage dials (insert "gasp" here)

What I am looking for is a DLC/PVD Luminor Marina sandwich dial.. know of any? I scour the sales section daily but haven't come across any :(

@blue_sphere.. I was directed to this company in Singapore which does DLCing WAY cheaper.. (and closer, since I'm in Taiwan). I don't mind spending $600 on the rep of my dreams. Something that isn't seen everyday.

http://www.2geek.net/eMart/service.php

Thanks again guys.. if you see anything, let me know

Gasp..... !!!! :)

In which case I cant think of anything decent OTB mate...

Only other possibility that might be cheaper is....

Contact DSN ask for one of his DLCd casesets... go to W0lfs sales post and buy his 111 dial movement etc

Or buy the lesser Case sets from Helenerou/JacksonTse/Getat

or

Contact Vac or Goin and ask if they can build you something along what your after

or

Mix and match a couple of watches that suit your needs from the sales section... assuming they come along ;)

Or best of all

Buy exactly what you want without DLC.... wear it and enjoy it for a few months... save up for DLC then when ready send it to Avitt or Rolli :)

Hi rolli, thanks for your input.

I'm not looking for the cheapest possibility... as I said, I don't mind paying a lot for something that I really want.

I think you do outstanding work and if I had a batch of watches to PVD then it becomes quite reasonable, but spending over 300 euros (with prep and shipping) to PVD a $350us watch seems excessive.

No disrespect to you, as I said, you do fantastic work and we are so fortunate that you provide the service.

Thanks again

no one knows exactly why the pvd service is so expensive.

when i started with the pvd service ( years ago ) which possibility will i find for

a 1:1 color like the pre vendome pvd color or pre-a or a-serie.

and how good are all the pictures which shows the real pvd color.

and not distorted though the different cameras and artificial light or sunlight.

and where are the pvd companies which has the service for watches.

i found two local companies.

and who is the best and who is the most flexible to work.

i found one local.

it is the daughter company from a well known mother-house in swizzerland.

it's the biggest one on this field.

with the chief manager i discussed my concern.

he gave me the pvd department chief. with him i discussed the different possibilties for my preferences.

before i started with this service, i had to make many tests with the different bead-blasting grit.

different fine granulate bead, different glass and ceramic bead.

and respectively the succeeding pvd coating on the single parts to see the result for the color.

note: the bead-blasting gives the surface a special texture to get the special diffused incidence of light,

which influenced the look of the pvd color on the case.

the result for my choice was , i have to take the 2 step bead blasting procedure on the case ( all single parts ).

1.) special fine granulate bead - blasting intensity of 100 percent

2.) fine glass / ceramic bead with a blasting intensity of 50 percent,

fortunately my pvd company has an own blsting department with the right blasting machines for small parts and watch parts.

note: in my briefing with other local companies which have the service for small parts, they have no own blasting department.

they get always the final part for coating.

only my pvd company has a blasting department with different machines for different small parts.

this is a big advantage for my preferred process.

then i got a offer from the pvd department chief to buy an own pvd chamber rack with my own specific retaining clamps

for my special single parts which was built in this company in the rack department.

so… everything was done,

all these pre workings and necessary informations required about 7 - 8 month.

this department chief has always a final pvd coated case as sample on his desk and controls each blasting process.

i control the case before it goes to my watchmaker for case-disassembly in single parts

and i control it again before it goes to the pvd company and the end-control when the parts comes back

and then again to my watchmaker for the assembly.

i hope you all understand the complex procedure.

rolli

thanks again for your input, rolli

wow, you've done a lot of work to set all that all up and I think I speak for everyone when I thank you and tell you again how much your services are appreciated.

When I want to build my grail PVD, you will be the first person I contact.

for now I will wait and see if something comes up on the sales board...