When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Some 372 Proto Pics From The 2011 Collection Showing...

projectologist

Well first of all, the lighting SUCKED!!! The Boutique is only approxiamately 15'x20' with ceiling spots as the only light source. Very little daylight filtered in from the window on the street. Contrast city.

So most pics were taken at around a 1/10th-1/20th hand-held. I gave up on trying to improve them in post-processing.

The case is definitely modeled after the 6154 (shouldn't have a cg, but that didn't stop OP from adding one).

The thin sandwich dial was just O K but the LP engraving was a plus. yep the hour hand appears a little short but is the same length I believe as the 203. It's almost as if OP is paying homage to about a half-dozen different watches from their past.

Pics...

Movement is a little plain looking with so much of the innards covered up, but in-person seemed balanced with the rest of the watch. I was tempted to remove the sticker, but hadn't had enough wine at that point.

372aa.jpg

Life on the road must get pretty rough sometimes... wtf happened to the cg???

372bb.jpg

Tried getting close enough to see the depth of the engraving and the cutouts...

372ee.jpg

After awhile the hour hand length was a non-issue, seemed to look more balanced in-person.

372cc.jpg

The watch sits fairly tall on the wrist and the plexi is sure to get scratched up. The area between the lugs and the bezel is typical 6154, I wished it had been more like a 6152/1.

372ff.jpg

Buckle and strap were very cool. The strap isn't quite as red in-person. It's a big improvement over OP's previous attempt at a vintage strap and has a nice patina right out of the package.

372dd.jpg

A couple of POVs...

372gg.jpg

372hh.jpg

Set mine down next to it to compare :) ...

compare01.jpg