When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need Help Finding Best Version Of Po 42Mm Please!

sgtguk

Hi all,

I've been looking around for a really good rep of the PO 42mm, tried to order from one of the dealers but QC pics were not good and he was unable to source a decent alternative!

Need advice as to which dealer rep is best and which model to go for if possible please, at the moment I'm not really up for modding too much so looking for the best one I can get out of the plastic!

Looking for the std black with SS bracelet, Be grateful if you can offer some advice.....Cheers and Thanks!

tbh, they are all the same now, as the older ones, i.e. 4th gen are impossible to find, the current 5th gen 42mm is available from all the dealers so as for who is the best, make your decision on price and service...i.e. best quality qc pics etc. The only thing I would say is don't fear rejecting a particular offering again and again if not happy, make sure you are satisfied with the one chosen by the dealer before proceeding. With the 42mm PO there shouldn't be too much qc problems as they are pretty good out of the box, but some pearls are better positioned than others and make sure the dial markings are not crooked.

Saying all that you could hardly go too far wrong with one from josh at perfect clones, although I found Lay at replicamake to be just as good and cheaper.

Can you say who you had problems with with qc pics earlier and what you found wrong with it?

Edited by cougar1

Hi Guys thanks for getting back to me!

Would prefer not to put up who from but have used Josh before for a Pam and v.happy, and just ordered sub but sometimes supply not good I'm told! He is very helpful but and I will def use him again on another watch. I am looking for as close to gen as possible the one from qc pic was way off in my very newbie opinion! Just wondering if I should post 1 pic to show you the problem with it, the HE position was way off and can't source another through them as all the same apparently!

Hmm, I kinda get what you are saying now, I was reading another forum thread and apparently the latest 42mm production run (last few weeks) have a few issues that the previous run didn't. As you say the He valve is off position and also the dial logo has now gone back to it's old spot, directly on top of the lettering and many have no serial.....these all seem to be a related to factory control issue lately and hopefully it will be sorted out soon, I would say almost all new production with all the dealers is probably affected and these models should be avoided or rejected for a few weeks until things get back in order. The alternative is to email around the dealers and see if anyone has old stock left over from before this issue started.

Pity about that, especially if you need to get your hands on one quickly,....you need real patience in this game :)

Edited by cougar1

You certainly do!

Have emailed as suggested and Andrew has come back that new stock in about 10 days is in with HE correct placement :) Yeh, so all good!

Only trouble is I now I really want the Speedie I've seen on his site too! It's the broad Arrow version with the Asia Valjoux 7750 movement, not sure how near this one is to Gen but looks damn good!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd494/sgtguk/SAM_1018.jpg

http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd494/sgtguk/SAM_1016.jpg

Photobucket done! Let me know what you think, I'm in the middle of sorting out the bracelet to make sure I don't lose it, in the mean time its on black leather strap happy days :)

this is the same version i have also from josh, superb! omega logo is i would say spot on in regards to placement on dial, bezel pearl very very good, the overall look and indeed feel is nothing short of amazing for the price! excellant purchase there buddy

is there any versions of the 5th gen PO which don't have the crown stripping issue?

It seems the crown/tube stripping and the clasp failing are "luck of the draw."

I have two 42mm PO's..,.the first one had the crown strip and clasp fail within hours of arriving. (gen clasp, crown/tube and SEL's solved that and the gap between the SEL and the bracelet.)

The other (from Josh) has a better looking insert and dial emblem and has had no failures what-so-ever as of yet.

I'll continue to wear that one....while gathering parts to go Franken with the other.