When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1St Rep Order - 300M Smp Chrono A-7750

ZedWings

Hi,

I bit the bullet and ordered a Seamaster Professional Chrono from PC (model OMSE00111). I'm a tad worried now however since reading that the model I ordered, the one with red wording, isn't as accurate as the older model. The lettering is reported to be inaccurate, which is quite worrying, since lettering is a very basic aspect of replication.

Does anyone have this rep? Are it's shortcomings bad?

Thanks for any advice,

Agree with Noel, it's still a nice watch, the applied lettering and logo may not be as nicely done as the old painted version but the old version is as rare as hens teeth these days. Try look for the newer one on qc where the lettering is at least joined through the centre similar to Omega gens, some have it joined at the bottom and it looks like 'Qmega' rather than Omega. As far as the correct logo goes, I believe these still all have happy feet unfortunately and this was never rectified!?!

Still a nicely finished watch though.

Thanks for the replies. Thankfully, the model I ordered has an accurate font with the centre strikethrough. Also, there are no happy feet. To me, it's a flawless replication (To my untrained eye) with one exception: the pearl. It sits too low in the triangle and touches the edges. I've only been introduced to the rep scene within the past few days yet I know enough to immediatley glance at the pearl of any seamaster I see. The reps just can't get this right it seems.

I saw the qc pics of yours in the other thread...looks nice, logo and writing perfect. The pearl is just one of those things...you might be able to get somebody to 'improve' it but in my experience rep omega smp pearls have never been right, and even with modifications they still never quite look like the gen, this goes for all smps and PO's. The best thing is not to get too hung up about it....(easier said than done, I hate rep pearls with a passion!) but even if its off centre, at least if its fairly non protruding or zit like then they can be at least bearable. The only alternative really is a gen bezel. Yours on the qc pics looks not too bad, better than many of the older ones. I'd say wait until you have a look at in the flesh before deciding if its really worth modding or buying a gen bezel.

Edited by cougar1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I got my watch yesterday. It looks nice, but a few little things are niggling me:

1) The bezel is a little shaky, like it's not properly secured. I can move it up and down ever so slightly, enough to hear it clicking against the crystal.

2) The omega logo is, er, smudged. In direct light it's fine, but in non-direct light I can see white smudges on it. I don't know if it's some kind of adhesive, or finger-prints maybe.

3) Maybe not a flaw, but the chronograph start button 'clicks' in, as opposed to depressing smoothly like a spring.

So, should I contact the seller or just be thankful I got the watch. :)

Thanks