When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Loose Crown Lock On Panerai

MJP

No on the movement. As was said, gen has Lemania movement. On the crown guard/crown. For the CG your choice is to either slide in a small amount of very thin plastic tube around the pin to firm up the lever or replace the cg with Jimmy Fu CG available on ebay for $60 which has the plastic on it. The Fu CG is poslished though and I don't remember what comes on the 192. If you want a new crown, assuming you have the Ti version you could get a Palp brushed crown. :) IMHO, it is not a rep I would spend a lot of money on as the case is the wrong material in any case.

Unfortunately, JF crownguards don't come in a chrono, so that's a no go...

It's a crap shoot if you get a good firm lever on these reps, the worst part is they are ground down at the factory to close 'properly'... sometimes they go a little far, but don't bother to make it right.

You could try to get another from the dealer, but there's no saying if you'll get a better or worse one.

Best thing to do, if you can is contact the dealer for a resolution. Our trusted dealers will most probably be helpful with your situation.

The loose lever fix has been posted several times, in different version, here and elsewere.

Try the search button.

Briefly: problems - and fixes - are different whether your lever is loose only in the open position or also in the closed position.

If it is loose in the open position only, then give it a try with the solution that kruzer said. Not very durable though. A more durable solution is placing a small piece of insulant plastic wire around the CG pin, inside the lever's hole.

If the lever is loose in the open position too, then the problem is because of a too large light (room, space) between the lever and the crown. You may file the CG feet, or add one or more rubber gaskets below the crown, where the crown sits on its tube.

I have the same problem with my andrew fiddy, but the lever pin in my crown gaurd doesn't appear to be genuine... I mean there is no indication of a hole or pin on the rear of the cg, and it really gives me the impression that the small circle indicating a pin, is just an engraving immitating a pin. Thus, I have no idea how to remove the pin, providing there is in fact a pin to remove.

Does anyone else have this problem?

I have the same problem with my andrew fiddy, but the lever pin in my crown gaurd doesn't appear to be genuine... I mean there is no indication of a hole or pin on the rear of the cg, and it really gives me the impression that the small circle indicating a pin, is just an engraving immitating a pin. Thus, I have no idea how to remove the pin, providing there is in fact a pin to remove.

I have that watch, but from the bottom you can, though BARELY, see the pin, its flush and polished with the CG

I have a 217 destroyer from El with the same problem.The lever pin is loose and drops open a little.I told El and he sent another cg,which was no better really.

There is no sign of any sort of hole on the back side of this CG. The circle you see in the picture is identical to the engraving of REG. & TM. All I can think of is that there is a springbar in there, but I cannot imagine how that would do anything but complicate the machining process, it appears that drilling a hole straight through and running a pin would be the simplest (and most accurate) way to manufacture this watch. Odd

There is no sign of any sort of hole on the back side of this CG. The circle you see in the picture is identical to the engraving of REG. & TM. All I can think of is that there is a springbar in there, but I cannot imagine how that would do anything but complicate the machining process, it appears that drilling a hole straight through and running a pin would be the simplest (and most accurate) way to manufacture this watch. Odd

You are right and that is weird.

And even if the circle on the CG upper side is a real hole, it just makes for a one-way (push-in only) pin.

I suppose your problem is the 'loose lever in the open position' -- else, no point in thinking about the pin.

Then, I'm afraid your only chance is drilling your own holes through the CG sides. :blink:

Should you decide to give it a try, naturally start by drilling the upper side, where you have the engraved circle to sign a point to drill (but pls consider that, should that point reveal as a completely fake point, a point not matching the actual position of the springbar, you will be fu**ed up).

Once the springbar (hopely) comes out, you can (hopely) remove the lever and use the first hole as a guide to drill the second hole on the CG back.

Then you can make a new pin from a thin nail.

I usually use nails 0.92mm diameter, but you'll have to guess from the diameter of the hole in your lever and the thickness of the rubber insulating tube that you are going to use as a gasket.