When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor Sub And 1665 Build, Progress So Far

Ephry73

Still having some epoxy issues on the Tudor dial. The 1665's feet are nice and straight. The Gen spring bars make a whole lot of difference.

@Woof

If you want, make sure Le at Trevor measures the cases for you. The two that I got from him(one plain, one built) were both the same, just not thick enough for a 1665 IMHO. Still look good and have good metal to work with.

E

Quick question for the experts.

I read a line somewhere(cannot remember where) that there are "slim case" 1665s out there. Can anyone confirm this? What dial/bracelet/crystal/bezel is associated with this? I'm doing searches now.

Thanks in advance.

E

This dial(Tudor Rose dial) I got from Chiman. It started life as a gloss dial and he did some Matte treatment to it. I removed that, relumed(with diluted lume for vintage effect) and made the dial look like it has been in this case for decades. The case is a Josh case with the "slimming" effect as well as the reshaping of the CGs.

On the 1665 dial, it is a service dial(Gen) wth feet clipped and I added lume in a vintage concoction color I made to match the aged hands I already had. I am quite pleased with the end result, but wish I had a 1665 case and bezel to slap it in, as this will be a very nice DRSD with the faded red.

Thanks for the compliments guys. Trevor is not responding to messages, but if they do, I will for sure order more of the cases for the 5514. I think for a 1665(even early thin one) the bezel is wrong, but for an early 5513 comex or 5514, it is just dead on.

E

So I broke down and purchased a case and bezel to build the 1665 "properly". The 5514 case is either going for sale, or will be in "storage" until I find a decent 5513 dial.

Question about hands:

What should be the correct hands for a DRSD? This is going to have the 2846 movement I am rebuilding(fingers crossed)

E