When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

5002 arrived yesterday and the strap today...

projectologist

Picked up a member's 5002 that he had FS. Then another member alerted me to a good deal on a gen strap still in the original package for a good price. The strap arrived today sealed in the package as advertised smiley.gif

Hard to convey in photos just how nice the OEM strap is compared to the rep and aftermarket versions... actually there is no comparison. In-person it's no contest.

So while at work today, I got my phone out and took take some pics...

BPstrap02.jpg

BPstrap01.jpg

BPstrap05.jpg

Can you give as a benchmark, what's good price for Gen strap? 400-500USD are usual prices that I've found, and I wonder whether it's worth the investment, compared to say HKtan and Orloff...

For me a HKtan is a good alternative for the price. On all of my gens IWC's I've taken off the gen and replaced them with something a little more custom. In other words a gen strap isnt worth the extra money considering it an expendable item if it worn a lot.

But then again I have over 100 straps. So take what I say for the useless dribble it is.

I don't know if it is the pics or the strap but it looks great.

Thanks... the phone's camera apps have to take a lot of the credit ;)

Can you give as a benchmark, what's good price for Gen strap? 400-500USD are usual prices that I've found, and I wonder whether it's worth the investment, compared to say HKtan and Orloff...

I looked at it this way... I spent under 200 for the watch so I could splurge a little on the strap (always easy to rationalize a purchase like this :) ). Plus the watch itself is so close to gen, it wouldn't look out of place with the OEM strap.

This one was listed on TZ. There happened to be 2 listed FS this past week in the 350-375 range new. Current retail is a too-rich-for-my-blood 520. Used ones showing some wear can go for 200-300. The BP won't be a daily wearer so I expect to get a lot of mileage out of the strap, and if I don't abuse it, I can probably resell it for a minimal loss.

• 4 weeks later...