When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TW best M series Question

irolexu

Just received my TW best from BK and it appears to have M550912. 2 concerns and PLEASE ROLEX EXPERTS correct me if I am wrong but

1. M series are supposed to be on rehaut at 6 along with ROLEX ROLEX ROLEX.

2. is it not supposed to be MXXXXX not MXXXXXX? 5 numbers instead of 6? I am confused why would BK go from selling something that was properly replicated to improperly replicated? I am learning all this and as far as I know this is not right? CORRECT me if I am wrong!

:) thanks!

post-38265-0-00483000-1317493191.jpg

post-38265-0-38410200-1317493264.jpg

because no one likes the engraving but the factory stamps it as an m serial, theyre clearly pulling it off the line before the rehaut engraving gets done. i think its a reasonable compromise to be able to have a clean rehaut. do you really think the inconsistency between the serial number engravings will be the first thing that gives it away anyways? didnt bk offer both versions?

id worry more about that bezel insert

because no one likes the engraving but the factory stamps it as an m serial, theyre clearly pulling it off the line before the rehaut engraving gets done. i think its a reasonable compromise to be able to have a clean rehaut. do you really think the inconsistency between the serial number engravings will be the first thing that gives it away anyways? didnt bk offer both versions?

id worry more about that bezel insert

Its just the fact of the matter so is this incorrect or correct thats basically what I am going for here? and I do understand no one is obviously gonna know the difference. my last TW was correct I would hate to see that I paid a lot more for something that is not correct...just my 2 cents is all...

If you want one with rehaut engraving, I'll swap cases with you. I was thinking about polishing my rehaut engraving off.

PM me about this

you are correct, it is incorrect

the M serial should repeat on the inside as well

Actually I am INCORRECT and I called two Rolex ADs and they both said the early M series did not have rehaut engraving so to all TW best purchasers this is ACCURATE!!! some one really spooked me on this one but were all good here! CASE CLOSED!

Not all M series have rehaut engraving. I have pics I'll post later if people would like to see examples That being said, the only examples I've found , and trust me I've looked pretty hard, are very early serials. The 55 serial is too late in the run and would have engraving. It's a flaw on the ca3135 case from sean too.

Edited by its_urabus

The 55 serial is too late in the run and would have engraving

that was my train of thought as well.

UNTIL i read the serials on the M series were not chronological, also making them impossible to date.

IMO its still less suspicious to have the engraving if you have an M serial because as we see here most people dont know the m serial can have a clean rehaut