When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

what should i do? very sad day...

penaduny

so. long story, but for all intensive purposes lets just say i dropped my big pilot

(fell a few stories due to my strap breaking).

crown broke off, the hands fell off along with a couple time indicator things (sorry, do not know the correct term for them).

left it off with my repair guy. he called me today to get it, said the movement had issues due to the fall, would've cost me about what a new rep is going for. he said that he would put it back together for me, but i really didn't see a purpose.

(i usually fix these things myself, but i have been lacking patience lately)

the question is do i sell it for parts?

or just hang on to it for the case and use it for a future project?

kinda just wanted to share my sadness to people who would understand, and hopefully get some advise.

brokenIWC7.jpg

brokenIWC6.jpg

brokenIWC5.jpg

brokenIWC4.jpg

brokenIWC3.jpg

brokenIWC2.jpg

brokenIWC1.jpg

Sorry about your loss .. it looks like someone has been using scissors to open your case back.

that is another very messed up story. took it to a different shop to have it serviced right after i got it (mind you, this was before i realized how easy that stuff is to do with the correct tools) the guy said "no problem" service watches all the time. i picked it up and it was all scratched up! i of course yelled and screamed. he said it wasn't a problem and he could fix it. came back an hour later and he just sanded the back to cover up the scratches he made, and of course made it even worse.

i didn't pay a dime for servicing and demanded a new case back... never got it.....

Edited by penaduny