When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My First (Kinda) IWC Rep Purchase

carlb4233

First off, let me thank all of the members here for creating such an amazing and informative forum to share in this passion. Just placed my first IWC rep order with Joshua. I say that it's "kind of" my first order because I actually acquired my first rep from an unnamed street in the largest city in the US (you all know what I mean). Ever since I have been all about IWC watches. I think design-wise they are by far some of the most eye-catching and head-turning out there. Ok so onto my order....

Have an upcoming wedding and I've been looking for a dress watch to really make a statement on wedding night so I took a stab at the Portuguese Minute Repeater. Pics of a similar watch are below (not sure what the policy is on posting images of the actual) In addition, it will double nicely for the office. Now, I realize that the functionality of this watch is a lot of the draw. But, aside from the repeater functionality, I still think this is one of the most classic, interesting looking IWC reps out there. Simple, refined, and classic. Perfect for our black tie wedding. Very interested in your feedback and excited to be a part of the community. Should be be the first of many acquisitions. Have my eye on a BP next and very interested in the "frankenization" of these things.

rm1eu4.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Surely you must be speaking about some place in Texas ... the largest city in the US ;)

Congratulations in the pending nuptials!

That is a nice watch, good lines.

How about some more pictures?

What's the size and does it have a crystal back?

Mike

Yep, Houston actually. No actually got a cheap (and now non-functioning) Portu rep in NYC. Even though it didn't last, at least it was an introduction to IWC. Glad to have found this site sice then.

Thanks, looking forward to it. QC pictures should be over from Joshua soon. I'll be sure to post them once I get them. The watch is 43mm and has a crystal back.

• 2 weeks later...

hi all...

nice watch. i am interested to get one IWC too. i am currently waiting for my rep Panerai from josh, should be arriving in singapore on friday or sat.

can we exchange our takes on the watch when we receive it as i would really want to hear about the condition and difference from the original from an actual receiver of the IWC. its next in line for my collection. thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...