When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

21J or Eta 2824 for Rolex Sub?

finhs

Hi all,

I need some help from you, I have a very nice Rolex sub with 21J movement, and i like very much this watch, this 21J movement is not very precise, and i bought one movement Eta 2824-2, is it posible to install the eta movement in this watch? do you know some good watchmaker to install, or is it very difficult? I am in Spain?

Thanks for your reply and help.

Santi

See the photos from the watch and the movement.

The first issue you will have is that the 2824 datewheel will need an overlay for the rolex dial. I am not 100% certain, but I believe that the dial size & spacing is a little different between the 21J and the ETA one (but don't quote me on that - I could be completely wrong there). All I know for sure is you definitely need a different date wheel to work with that dial.

As for a modder, Domi is in your neck of the woods and might be a good person to reach out to. I think he goes by the member name Bricciola

The first issue you will have is that the 2824 datewheel will need an overlay for the rolex dial. I am not 100% certain, but I believe that the dial size & spacing is a little different between the 21J and the ETA one (but don't quote me on that - I could be completely wrong there). All I know for sure is you definitely need a different date wheel to work with that dial.

As for a modder, Domi is in your neck of the woods and might be a good person to reach out to. I think he goes by the member name Bricciola

Thanks for your reply Redwatch.

I have contacted with Domi six moths ago, but he need all pieces to do this work, and i am not too expert, maybe i can buy wrong pieces.

one watchmaker from my City says the datawheel is not correct for this sub.

I need watchmaker do all, and get the right pieces.

Thanks.

And a new set of hands, maybe a new spacer ring. Probably cheaper to buy a new eta watch unless you can do it yourself.

Thanks for your reply kbh, if i get that pieces, i do myself, but where can i buy the correct pieces?

Cheers.

With a clone ETA so cheap, why convert an asia 21j watch to swiss standard?

The hands and dial need to be replaced and maybe a movement spacer .. I am not sure about the last item. You have to convince a dealer to sell you NoobFactory ETA dial and hands .. blah.

Why not this? --->>> http://www.timesshop...copy-2836-.html

What do you mean the a21j is not precise? Does it need a simple regulation? How bad is the precision?

With a clone ETA so cheap, why convert an asia 21j watch to swiss standard?

The hands and dial need to be replaced and maybe a movement spacer .. I am not sure about the last item. You have to convince a dealer to sell you NoobFactory ETA dial and hands .. blah.

Why not this? --->>> http://www.timesshop...copy-2836-.html

What do you mean the a21j is not precise? Does it need a simple regulation? How bad is the precision?

Hello Jkay:

I think you are right, for the moment i have changed tube and crown and it´s enought, but this watch has visit the watchmaker three times and still not very exactly like other Eta watches that i have. Thanks for your opinion

Cheers