When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A Conundrum

JWR

I am asking for everyone's advice on how to deal with a situation that seems to be rapidly turning sour with a dealer.

At about the beginning of the month, some of you will remember that V posted about Homer's crowns, and then Homer offered these crowns with estimated availability "next week" -- which would have been, at that point, October 9-14.

I paypalled on October 4th, expecting that delivery would occur probably within two weeks, aka sometime last week...

I had emailed Homer on the 14th to check the status, and have as of yet received no reply. I emailed again today...

In that time, I had talked to another member who was in contact with Homer about the crowns, and had been told that he was having problems sourcing them...

What to do? I know Homer has been a trusted dealer for a while, and this is a relatively small item - $30 - but lack of communication, even to tell me that things are taking longer than originally planned - is worrisome.

Advice and insight welcomed.

If you emailed him again today, give him a bit to try and locate where your crown might be so he can let you know when it should arrive.

If you don't hear back from him in a week and still no crown, then start worrying :D

Just keep in mind if people are having problems contacting Homer, there is probably a reason he is out of contact. Give him a chance to come back and respond. If he comes back with 20 people filing paypal complaints, it will take much longer for him to sort everything out.

I am hoping that that is a saying that doesn't sound quite as wrong in some other language... either that or you two are really good friends... :wub:

ROFL! One of these days my poor English is going to kill me! :lol:

Homer wrote today and said he is waiting for them to arrive any time now! He actually expected them to arrive sooner, so it's a wait and see time now! :(

He knows we all are waiting!

Thanks for the update, Mike! :thumbsupsmileyanim: