When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

First rep experience

tnm81

Hi, I just thought I'd do a quick post about my first rep.

I joined up on the forum several weeks ago, and read with keen interest about what to do and what to expect.

I've got a pretty thin wrist so after a great deal of thought (and changing my mind a lot) I settled on the rep Explorer 1 from Josh (good service as expected). Seems to be the biggest watch I can get away with (and what a classy watch as well).

Waiting for it to arrive was agonising and exciting in equal measure. Eventually it came after roughly a fortnight.

The main thing that I think is letting it down a bit is the clasp on the bracelet. It seems a little be rough to me. (Are replacements easy enough to find/install?) And the link edges are a little sharp.

But neither of these things are a big deal.

It's absolutely beautiful, and I'm very pleased. Having not worn a watch for many years (my last one was a Casio Twincept. Hah!) I'm thinking I'll most likely be buying a couple more over the next year or so (quite fancy getting a Sub as it's such a classic).

Here are a few pics

post-39759-0-50814000-1318081017.jpgpost-39759-0-17294400-1318081046.jpgpost-39759-0-44094800-1318081053.jpg

TM

Nice pics and nice watch buddy. I'm fairly new to the rep world and to the forum, I've got 2 omegas on order from Josh and am already gearing myself up to order a sub from a very good and trustworthy dealer called bk on the forum. There is so much info and a lot of very knowledgeable members on this forum and I am certain as soon as you start reading post you'll be getting ready to order your next rep!

Enjoy

Ry

Welcome to the Forum, but you should have stayed away!

This is ADDICTING! First you buy a rep, then you by more reps in search of the perfect rep, then you spend a ton of money creating the perfect rep from an existing rep . . . and the next thing you know, your head is full of information about crystals, movements, cases, dials . . . arghhhhhhhh.

LOL

That's a nice looking watch. Enjoy!

Bill

How nice is that buzz of nervous anticipation? Will or Won't it arrive, and have I been sold a Dud , will it be intercepted by customs etc. Those were the days. Enjoy them whilst you can.

As for rolex braclets , they are all pretty flimsy even in real life Pre the Ceramic versions but once you get used to them anything else feels too bulky. But you might want to oil it and use a polishing cloth to smooth off those rough edges. Keep posting your purchases

The standard for refinishing bracelet edges ... a woman's nail file (emery board) !! Sit with it while you are watching TV, for example, and work the rough edges with the nail file.

This hobby is not about the delivered watch .. it's about the delivered watch plus what you can do to make it even better once you get it.

Until a few years ago, Rolex stainless steel watches had famously cheap feeling bracelets. The stainless models are for the most part considered sports or tool watches, and not luxury works of art.

Thanks for the comments guys. Glad to be here.

The waiting period was incredible. I must have gone onto that parcel tracking website 20 times a day until it arrived. Then seeing the box in reception at my office was brilliant.

Can't say it is this exciting ordering things off Amazon.

I've bought myself some dry lube from a bike shop already and given the bracelet a bit of treatment with that. (so much dirt came out!)

Will probably have a crack at the nail file eventually. It's not bothering me too much but I reckon it will make a difference.

TM

Yes try the nail file, it works well. I've even used it on some gen bracelets that I wanted abit smoother.

Welcome, as they say, it gets addicting. The thrill of the hunt and the little brown packages that arrive.

I have 60+ reps (and a number of gens), I'm a lifer. You may consider getting out before it's too late.LOL

Mate... Congrats :)

Its great to see posts like this.... but as the other guys have said... this is just the beginning :)

Look forward to hearing about your second rep experience :)

Could I interest you in thinking about a PAM ;)

• 3 weeks later...