When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Horrible dealing with trusted dealer - who do I tell

HartDoc

Glad it worked out!

A Paypal claim always solves my problems and speeds up the customer service.

Just don't mention replica.

A paypal claim is never an option for me. The possible damaging fallout for the rep community is to great for me to make a claim for this type of problem. It not like he didnt actually delivered watch.

Edited by HartDoc
  • Like 1

A paypal claim is never an option for me. The possible damaging fallout for the rep community is to great for me to make a claim for this type of problem. It not like he didnt actually delivered watch.

Good for you HartDoc. PP claims should only be a last resort and only after everything else has failed.

Thats the main reason why we suggest that you only deal with the trusted dealers here..If something does go's wrong.. there's a very good chance that it will be rectified. Dealers are only human..and things can and will happen from time to time...patence Is your friend durring these times.

We as a community dont want to draw unwanted attention to are hobby...flying under the radar Is best.

These people at PP and your cc company are not complete Idiots..a Rolex from China for $200.00 or whatever Is not fooling anyone. It will be viewed as a counterfeit Item..and most will not have a positive outlook on the situation.

It's Important to remember that we are not at are local Wal Mart with reciept In hand..so with that we have a certain responsibillity....to just file a PP dispute for better cs Is not responsible. Giving the dealer time to correct the issue Is the right thing to do.

Since I've been here.. 99.999% of the time.. issues have been corrected when following the advice In this thread. Not only Is the customer better off but we as a community are better off also...Including the dealer.

I have had two major(somewhat) issues In the last two years...with a little patence and good advice from the members here...both issues were corrected to my satisfaction.

Remember...patence is the name of the game. :)

Mike

• Like 1

You guys are all pussies. Hartdoc had far more patience than needed, and he's gone out of his way not to name the dealer. After 40 emails and two months?? You call that customer service? Why do you guys insist on protecting these guys at all costs? If a dealer is f__king up like that, I'd like to know about it asap so I don't send any more money his way. If you are gonna make a claim, make sure you've got all your ducks in a row, but don't be afraid to let us know about it. Everybody else, grow a pair ;)

You guys are all pussies. Hartdoc had far more patience than needed, and he's gone out of his way not to name the dealer. After 40 emails and two months?? You call that customer service? Why do you guys insist on protecting these guys at all costs? If a dealer is f__king up like that, I'd like to know about it asap so I don't send any more money his way. If you are gonna make a claim, make sure you've got all your ducks in a row, but don't be afraid to let us know about it. Everybody else, grow a pair ;)

Well said!

I never had to go all the way with the PP claim, it helped speed things up though.

I hate to do it but after weeks go by and nothing gets resolved.....

It was interesting to come back to the forum, and this thread in particular, after a couple of weeks.

It seems my earlier post met with some agreement.

After five-six-seven years it's time for the forum to recognize the fact that the rep world is no longer a seller's market, it's a buyer's market.

It demeans the actual four or five excellent dealers here that they are lumped with the trash of the rep world and treated the same as them as a "Trusted Dealer".

This thread is the perfect example of my point. The OP just had to listen to every variation of "the dog ate my homework" in use in China.

As for a PayPal claim being the wreck of the rep community, I'll just say that I only buy from dealers that accept PayPal and I'll be happy to wreck any dealer who does not live up to his word. I have not had a problem with that so far.

Edited by Carl