When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My New Pamily Potrait

siesta181

Hey guys,

A recent topic here in the PAM forum sparked an old interest to document my projects. It has been noted that the forum is no longer about projects but more about getting the best rep out there. I must admit that I have not been actively posting my projects. So the sun was out and I thought... lets have a sotc. These pictures are from my iPhone so they won't win any prizes.

b2507169.jpg

4f0f9c9c.jpg

bd07bec8.jpg

PreV 201a/202a

This was completed most recently. I had built a EL 202 previously but had that sold. Major regret. So when I heard about DW's PreV project based on an EL case. I commissioned the 201a and 202a but upgraded it with FGD's latest dial and hands. Result is just pure sweetness.

70b61531.jpg

6152-1

Completed this early 2011. The availability pf vintage parts providers such as Nightwatch, Ross, Athaya, Okabum meant a golden period in vintage projects. Managed to score a pair of sf240s on the bay and the rest is history.

43bd1e00.jpg

a67f76f1.jpg

ddfa6908.jpg

028a/029b/250

These are some of my earlier projects. The 028a was stock DSN upgraded with a LEO datewheel.

The 029b is a classic situation of right time right place. My local modder casually PMed me in Jan 2010 asking me if i am interested in an NOS EL 029b. My reply was sure why not, with a little skepticsm and cynicsm. 2 weeks later he called and said "Its here". Off i scampered around locating lello datewheels, chief cyclops and an appointment with The Zigmeister for some lume work. Add a T crown to that and you have a classic.

The 250 was my first hardcore build.

d294c3db.jpg

Next and maybe last Panerai project???

33c0b4a4.jpg

No, I do not have a 618

There you have it. My current Pamily. Quite a change from this

DSC00440.jpg

Have good weekend.

Cheers

S181

Mate thats an awesome thread..... Thanks for sharing :)

A great selection of PAMs.... I am loving those 4 liners.... Drooling in fact mate !! Sweetness indeed..

The 28 and 29 also look good and lucky you getting an EL NOS :) Wish someone would ring me up... ;)

Nice box too.... like that plaque :)

Check out the other thread on here Re a 618.... maybe just , maybe ;)

Made the straps myself.

My next/last panerai project requires a sewing of the strap myself (the lug wires are welded directly to the midcase), so I picked up strap-making. All the straps are veg tan cow hide and horse hide (the light brown)

Been wanting to post my strap making escapades but no time.

Excellent collection, not many score 1 - one A240, you go and score 2 of them...greed, simple outright greed... :)

Thanks for this, very well done.

Thanks R. You helped this noob once, a long time back and they was no cure to the modding addiction.

You can never have enough sf240s. One is good, 2 is better, 3 is best.

There is indeed no cure...but your way beyond normal with your addiction. Only solution is to dump those 240's and break free.....

I concur on that, R. Way beyond normal for J. Been telling him that for ages - to dump one of them junk 240s in my pocket... sigh.... can't help him... :lol:

Sent from my SGSII