When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Uncomfortable clasp on 45.5mm UPO

ninjagaiden

Folks,

I took my UPO to be resized by my friendly local watch repair man. The fit is great on my 7" wrist, but the underside of the clasp is very uncomfortable Something at the end of the clasp which bears the bracelet extender for diving is giving me grief, But when I take the watch off I can't work out what it is.

Anyone else had this problem. Otherwise the watch is fantastic, probably the best rep I have.

Thanks

N

Is It possible for you to take some pics of the problem area?

I believe that might help.

It might also be a good idea to bring this to your "friendly watch repair mans" attention..If you havent done so as of yet.

The head of the Omega PO is quite heavy...some feel that it is not the most balanced watch In the world....That might be part of the problem....although I find mine quite comfortable.

Good luck with this issue. :)

Mike

• Like 1

Thanks. Used some 600 grit sanding cloth & oil to smooth down all edges and corners on clasp. It makes a huge difference!

Very good..Indeed a little sanding/oil can make a huge difference

Some of are newer members are not comfortable taking sandpaper to there new bracelets....thats why I did not suggest It.

I see thats not a problem for you... good job. :)

Mike

Well I did practice on an old powder coated hard drive cage first!

My 'goal' was to see if I could remove a sharp edge from the cage with minimal removal of the powdercoat on either surface. Actually with a small piece of emery cloth this was easy so I went ahead and had a go on the clasp.

Then just for fun (because I really am that sad) I then had a go at poloshing up the surface of the cage. Got it to a nice shiny finish with the oil, so I felt confident I could brush out any scratches I made on the side of the clasp. Took me back to metalwork classes at school ...

• Like 1

Well I did practice on an old powder coated hard drive cage first!

My 'goal' was to see if I could remove a sharp edge from the cage with minimal removal of the powdercoat on either surface. Actually with a small piece of emery cloth this was easy so I went ahead and had a go on the clasp.

Then just for fun (because I really am that sad) I then had a go at poloshing up the surface of the cage. Got it to a nice shiny finish with the oil, so I felt confident I could brush out any scratches I made on the side of the clasp. Took me back to metalwork classes at school ...

Kind of makes you feel good when you can work on your own stuff. :)

Mike