When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breaking In Breitling Bracelet?

cuervoz

If you are referring to the SS bracelet...I used mineral oil on a few of mine...worked really well... I usually use enough oil to cover the bracelet..and let it sit overnight.

Also a good idea Is to check those screws...loctite 242(blue) is suggested from most of the members here. That should keep your screws from backing out.

Hope this helps. :)

Mike

Completely disassemble and run through a ultra sonic cleaner, if you have one available. This will clear out all the grit and left over metal chips JKay mentioned. The reassemble with a light lube. I like Remington Gun Oil or LPS#1. They both leave a dry film behind and the Rem Oil has Teflon!

• 2 weeks later...

Completely disassemble and run through a ultra sonic cleaner, if you have one available. This will clear out all the grit and left over metal chips JKay mentioned. The reassemble with a light lube. I like Remington Gun Oil or LPS#1. They both leave a dry film behind and the Rem Oil has Teflon!

Never would of thought of that Mike but GREAT advice!!!!

As mention before:

1) Oil, I use "baby oil" usually- most skin friendly, result will be more gen like bracelet, smooth and nice

2) Loctite 242( blue) for bracelet screw`s

3) If you have Dremel and bracelet is polished, I usually re polish it. Rep bracelet edges are sometime quite sharp`s, polishing will help. You can have nr.1000 sand paper for edges and then polish with Dremel all bracelet.

4)If you have on bracelet glasp glued Breitling logo, as B01 has, you have to check how well it is connected also. Maybe need to reinstall it also.

I use a spray on silicone oil, give the whole bracelet a good squirt and then wipe off the excess. On the can it says it's: "transparent (ie clear), odourless, non-toxic, water-repelent, economical and lubricates very effectively". I think that ticks all the boxes ! :)

• 1 month later...