When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Trade my gen PO for a gen explorer II?

AsiadeCuba

i have another dilemna with my gen PO. i have an opportunity to trade it for explorer II U series. He is asking me to add $550. No box or papers. Here are the down falls. It has a scratch on the crystal. He said it's really faint. I can see it clearly on one of the pics below. Especially on the first photo. The pics looks light they are gen and he has good references on WUS. Here is my rolex collection. A wm9 submariner lv, gen gmt iic, and a rep gmt iic with superlume and ar'ed cyclops. So now if i get the explorer ii, would it be redundant? The other good part is that he had a $400 dollar services back in March 2011. What do you guys think? good deal or not?

utf-8BRFNDXzI4MTUuanBn.jpg

utf-8BUm9sZXggRXhwbG9yZXIgU2NyYXRjaC0wMDIuanBn.jpg

utf-8BUm9sZXggRXhwbG9yZXIgU2NyYXRjaC0wMDUuanBn.jpg

utf-8BUm9sZXggRXhwbG9yZXIgU2NyYXRjaC0wMDFfMS5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BRFNDXzI4MjAuanBn.jpg

utf-8BRFNDXzI4MTcuanBn.jpg

Yes. Go for it, if you like the white Explorer II.

I'm a Omega fan but Rolex is Rolex. And white ExpII is a great classic. It's a very small watch though (compared to PO). Wears much smaller than Sub and GMT, which are only 1mm larger (due to bigger bezel).

PS: That's the tritium dial older version. They're a few hundred bucks cheaper preowned than the superlume versions. Wouldn't bother me though.