When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen president w/ cracked crystal and moisture under glass...

irolexu

I just received a gen president from a buddy of mine who broke the crystal and I was gonna replace with it with a new one I have lying around and noticed some moisture under the glass...I am not big in the movement department but the watch is running fine. I am not sure how to approach the whole moisture under the glass. is a little a real bad sign or is it something that can be fixed real easy with out damage to the watch? not sure if I should take it in for an over-haul while I have it in my possession. thought I would ask you guys!

Would love to hear from the rolex experts as I value their opinion greatly in this matter :)

The Good...If it runs all right, it is probably Ok.

The Bad... The first thing to rust is usually the stem so look at it and also check for rusty screw heads.

The Ugly...Look for moisture dots on the dial. If it 'rained' in it...you might have trouble because 'rain runs down the drain'.

You can place the watch under a light bulb for a while to dry it out...not very hot or it will fry the oil.

It probably did not leak any more than the average replica...Ha!

Free advice...do not get in the middle of a rolex repair job if it needs movement service/parts. Let the owner deal with it.

I have been screwed/held responsible by getting in the middle of rolex repair jobs while just trying to help.

Now when someone asks if I work on rolex watches, my reply is... "Only if it belongs to me."

I am not an expert nor do I play one on TV. :partytime: