When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My DSN 02a rep and gen 112 side by side.

dannyboy123

Thought you might be interested to see pix of my DSN rep side by side with my new genuine 112.

Seeing the two together has really demonstrated the high quality of the DSN rep which has served me well over the last year or so.

In these pix there appears to be a few size differences, this is due to the position of the lens, both watch cases are absolutely identical.

I can only find two 'tells' and both would be nigh on impossible to spot in the wild and you'd have to be a Pam owner/expert to work them out.

I was going to sell the DSN rep, but you know what, I'm actually toying with flicking the gen instead as the two are so very very close. Might flick the gen and keep it's rubber strap for the DSN. My rep has an ETA mvmt and has been really reliable, more so than my gen Rolex Sub!!!

I'll try and take a few more proper camera pix later if anyone's interested.

Sadly I hear the quality of DSN's work has gone down since I bought mine and I also gather no more Swiss ETA's either :-(.

post-30505-0-77294400-1319575460.jpg

post-30505-0-85227200-1319575482.jpg

post-30505-0-36069100-1319575513.jpg

How significant are the lume differences?

Both look great! Congrats on the new piece. Wear in good health.

Again my cellphone pix don't really show the pair off very well. The colour of the lume is identical in natural light as well as in the dark - I was seriously shocked at how close the two are and as each day goes by I regret buying the genuine watch more and more. I've pretty much decided to sell it and keep the rep. The only downside with the rep is that I can't hop in the pool without worrying, but that's no biggie.

No No No mate dont listen to Ocean..... he has escaped from an institution !! :) :)

Keep the gen .... it dont get better than that when it comes to PAMs :) No matter the model....

Ocean... any reason AR is holding you back on a 177?

Because if another comes out (not sure it will given there are 2 new versions out) it will have AR... if you dont like AR then it can be removed pretty easily or changed if its the quality you dont like mate :)

LOL !

I had the new 177 and found the AR pretty close to gen mate just not as strong... I dont think that will improve IMHO but I cant say I recall any blue unless the latest M is different...but it might be the gen M has blue if thats the case... many gens do... its just the old rep AR were cheap, and either to strong and the wrong shade of blue :)

You can always AR yourself once you got it or rather get a modder to :) Uwe can do a decent coating in the EU and someone like Vac or Rex in US or Taka in Far East :)

My Gen 177H had silvery AR with a hint of Pink Purple, My gen 219 J has Very green-blue ar about the same as the Matt C3 crystal in my Franken 005K

The newest Rep AR from the H and Noob factories are quite excellent.

And you never sell a gen to get more reps, I hope you were kidding

Edited by tanya

Antique Literature - Whats that back copies of playboy?

Southern Style Kung Fu - Is that where you fight with your sister?

:)

Sorry mate couldnt resist :)