When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My AP ROO Montauk Highway

GreenHornet

Just picked up the Montauk Highway from Toro! There are some detailed threads on this already, so I won't go into a full on review. Suffice to say that I am very pleased with Toro's quick service.... from day of order to my doorstep in 4 days, as well as the unique beauty and quality of the piece. The only downside is the cheap rep hornback strap. But this is easily fixed with a high quality 100% Hornback strap on order from HKTan.

Now on to the photos:

Montauk%2520Wrist%2520Shot%2520-%25201.jpg

2011-10-30_205003b.jpg

2011-10-30_205104a.jpg

Montauk%25202.JPG

2011-10-29_135814.jpg

And here's the Gen for a quick comparison:

GEN%2520AP%2520ROO%2520Montauk%2520Highway.jpg

• 1 month later...

Awesome pics mate. Truly stunning timepiece. What's so bad about the straps? Are they cheaply made and stiff or is it that they are just a sloppy rep strap?

I hope to make my own but am interested to know if the rep clasp is OK. If not, are nicer ones available?

My Monty arrives in a couple weeks. Will be fun. I know a few eyes will roll but i have even selected ties and a suit with turquoise pinstripe and even turquoise buttonhole thread on the sleeves.

Oh rep strap is rubbish mate.. chuck it away. plz do urself a favor and order one from HKTAN straightaway for around 290 I think... coz it takes over a month to receive it ,no matter how much he says it only takes 8 days! Do make it a priority over the suits and the shirts.. believe me.

Just picked up the Montauk Highway from Toro! There are some detailed threads on this already, so I won't go into a full on review. Suffice to say that I am very pleased with Toro's quick service.... from day of order to my doorstep in 4 days, as well as the unique beauty and quality of the piece. The only downside is the cheap rep hornback strap. But this is easily fixed with a high quality 100% Hornback strap on order from HKTan.

Now on to the photos:

Montauk%2520Wrist%2520Shot%2520-%25201.jpg

2011-10-30_205003b.jpg

2011-10-30_205104a.jpg

Montauk%25202.JPG

2011-10-29_135814.jpg

And here's the Gen for a quick comparison:

GEN%2520AP%2520ROO%2520Montauk%2520Highway.jpg

That strap is GOLD!! look awesome