When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

22mm Polished Historic Buckle - Rep V Gen

PeteM

Given the amount of new PAMs coming out from the factories, I thought I would do a quick pictorial of the buckles provided with the watches against that of the gen.

From my own point of view, when you hold the rep and gen together... the difference is night and day...

However put these on a strap and on your wrist.... and I doubt anyone or certainly very very few people would spot it as a rep... unless they were holding your hand ;) or mugging you :)

There are differences in the quality, size, shape and engraving but from a distance its pretty hard to spot.

In basic terms the gen ;

• Bigger in overall size
  • More curved along the broader area
  • The engraving is deeper and the typeface correct... notably the A and E
  • The PANERAI is also slightly longer than the rep
  • The toungue fits tightly into the groove of the buckle (The rep has a gap)
  • The machining and finish of the screw is better by far
  • Overall finishing to the outer edges and internal edges is way better

Generally overall the quality is far superior, but that is what you would expect from OP even though the price they charge far exceeds their costs! but hey its a designer world with designer prices !

Overall, if you wear the rep buckle you can feel pretty comfortable in its closeness to the gen whilst its on your wrist :)

I think the pics highlight this better than I can :)

Seems to be a problem with my dowloaded images... and I cant edit... I guess there is a glitch in the system at the moment, Apologies :)

I noticed rock did this with his deployment clasp. How are you guys keeping from polishing the PANERAI text?

This rep buckle came from the Noob factory already polished.... but when I have polished my deployants or buckles.... I have never had a problem.... if the engraving is poor then use CC if its decent then put a dremel on it :)