When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Polished the crown guard on my 005...

projectologist

Happy with the results. I left the lever brushed, the subtle contrast is nice.

I used a cheap polishing kit my wife picked up at Harbor Freight and it worked great. The kit included a 4" buffing wheel and a couple of other smaller ones. I only used the finishing compound and it took all of 5 min. to add a mirror finish.Before that I went through grits of wet-or-dry. The lever pin was sanded flush with the <acronym title='Crown Guard'>CG</acronym>'s contour.

I always liked the polished <acronym title='Crown Guard'>CG</acronym>'s on most autos, so I'll probably keep this one with the 005.

Some quickie phone pics right after I did it...

polished02.jpg

polished03.jpg

polished01.jpg

I like it, very nice! :partytime:

No accurate any more but who cares:)

BTW I am thinking mixing up my 005k also, for some unknown reason I don`t like any more 005k dial, not at all.

Bought already 111j dial and I will make watch for myself, 100% non accurate Pam: 005 k with 111J dial+hands and I probably mod CG as you did also, because it looks nice and I like it:) :pimp:

I personally think thats a great thing to do.... I love the polished CG with the sausage dial and polished case..... I always preferred my polished fat CG on my autos so I think it looks great..

Indeed many gen owners do just that either by accident using the CC cloth or intentionally either way looks good to me... :)

Plus that polishing kit is brilliant for that money... you couldnt go wrong mate...

Thanks for sharing....

I really like seeing PAMs that are being treated as if they were just owners gens wanting to put their own touch to them.... whereas we all seem to want ours to look like it just walked out the OP factory... even the older models ... ;)