When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Another Franken APROO - This one's mine!

HauteHippie

This just in from the one and only Zigmeister's workshop, where our master watchmaker has completely outdone himself this time!

Quick preview shot with the pocket cam, more pics to follow...

aproo_rsz.jpg

A friend who had admired this picture earlier in the day said it best, "The Offshore is just a whole other level of haute horologie sport watch." Pictures simply cannot do this thing justice. The dial just a drop dead gorgeous silvery pearl that doesn't begin to come through in the photos. I'm practically ruined for other watches now. Simply wow.

Spec sheet:

Gen white themes dial

Gen white themes hands

Gen crown, tube & chrono pushers

Gen bezel gasket

Hamilton LWO 283 w/ DD module, service by Zigmeister

Custom Zigmeister movement holder

Custom sec@12 casework by Zigmeister:

- Thin down the bezel

- Thin down the caseback

- Relocate the crown tube, offset below pushers

- Much more to make it all work

That is a gorgeous watch.

The Zigmeister is amazing.

In this case did you plan the bezel and caseback height mods precisely or did you let The Zigmeister determine the final dimensions based on what was possible?

I can answer that one...

The whole workscope was my judgement call, it has to be with this type of specialized project, otherwise it won't work.

You have to trust in my skills and workmanship and judgement to be able to do something like this, otherwise it won't work.

For the overall height, I machined down the caseback and bezel as much as I could, with any of these there are variables between each one, if you have genuine gaskets that changes measurements vs the original gaskets etc...this one overall came out somewhere around 14.80mm if I remember...

Thanks Zigmeister!

The results speak for themselves, just amazing. Figured there had to be a large number of decisions that all have to make sense together and not just individually.

Looking forward to seeing some more beautiful custom work from your shop in the near future :)

Edited by Jurgenk