When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Omega Replica

Guest TTK

Apnea? What does it do? Count down until I snore?

I sort of like it though...

I like it but not the name... Apnea is a condition where one would stop breathing in the middle of the night for a short period, then recovers. Apnea is associated with snoring...

.. I certainly don't want a watch called Apnea.. :) hey but that's just me

I like it but not the name... Apnea is a condition where one would stop breathing in the middle of the night for a short period, then recovers. Apnea is associated with snoring...

.. I certainly don't want a watch called Apnea.. :) hey but that's just me

Trying to be modest here..........

Apnea (or apnoea here in the UK) is by definition a complete absence of gas exchange or ventilation (breathing).

In real life what happens more commonly is hypopnea (meaning abnormally reduced).

If you hold your breath........thats apnea.

If you're underwater with no external apparatus or snorkel......thats apnea.

Obstructive sleep apnea is a specific disorder that is associated with episodes of apnea during sleep. It is commoner in loud snorers. The affected individual has very poor quality sleep and frequently suffers from daytime sleepiness. The reason being is that they unconsciously awaken hundreds of times during the night when they stop breathing so that they get no real sleep. Overweight middle-aged men are the prime candidates but it can affect anyone at any age.

These people are prone to illnesses like heart attacks, high blood pressure, depression and impotence.

A fair share of people falling asleep at the wheel and causing carnage on the motorways is due to sleep apnoea as well.

Oh yeah TTK................that watch looks the dog's [censored] as well.

Cheers