When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

First Shot Of Tw Classic....before Any Real Mods

Here's a shot i just took after swapping out the movement with my el sub, which has a MUCH better dial, and although i will most likely use the dial and datewheel from my noobmariner once it arrives, this one does great for now.

next i will be trimming the cgs, drilling the lugs, checking the inline specs of the rotary girder :p , putting in a gen bezel insert, gen crown and gen tube, and then i think i"ll be done.

the only thing i have to say which is a letdown with this case is the lugholes are not properly centered and they on a slight angle going from the outside of the case to the inside of the lugs, which may or may not be a hassle, anyone else ever have this issue?

hope you like so far...

138933-17517.jpg

J, if you swap the date wheel with the noob, you're going to loose the very nice open 6s & 9s of the TW. Those are correct for the for the model TW.

I had problems with one of the lugs not being centered. I spent a lot of time with one particular lug hole but finally got it to align properly. It's never as easy as one may may initially believe. Hopefully, yours willl align perfectly once drilled.

Look forward to the progress ptotos. Your new dial is a big improvement over the standard TW issue. :thumbsupsmileyanim: I need to swap dials on mine one of these days.

the only thing i have to say which is a letdown with this case is the lugholes are not properly centered and they on a slight angle going from the outside of the case to the inside of the lugs, which may or may not be a hassle, anyone else ever have this issue?

hope you like so far...

I know this is a major headache. I'm not sure what could be done and I would sure appreciate any advice on this too. Perhaps the endlinks could be sanded to allow for a little more play?

Here's a shot i just took after swapping out the movement with my el sub, which has a MUCH better dial, and although i will most likely use the dial and datewheel from my noobmariner once it arrives, this one does great for now.

next i will be trimming the cgs, drilling the lugs, checking the inline specs of the rotary girder :p , putting in a gen bezel insert, gen crown and gen tube, and then i think i"ll be done.

hope you like so far...

139097-17478.jpg

I think you don't need to swap the Dial from the Noobmariner...

They both the same...